USB Port Cover Replacement

62 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By vennon!, Member on 11th May 2014, 11:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th February 2015, 09:22 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I haven't purchased extras yet but I can't see why the eBay ones wouldn't work.

I don't know of videos specifically for this but you can check out videos of basic S4 Active disassembling to see where the screws are etc. It's a very minor job.

Tonight I tried forcing one into place with an eyeglass screwdriver and it worked great, so I guess you don't even have to unscrew the back of the phone! You learn something every day

20th February 2015, 01:00 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziida

I haven't purchased extras yet but I can't see why the eBay ones wouldn't work.

I don't know of videos specifically for this but you can check out videos of basic S4 Active disassembling to see where the screws are etc. It's a very minor job.

Tonight I tried forcing one into place with an eyeglass screwdriver and it worked great, so I guess you don't even have to unscrew the back of the phone! You learn something every day

Wow that's very interesting. I just found that if I push the port in a certain way it closes fully. I shove the right side in all the way and then push up on the part closest to the screen and its very secure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app
29th April 2015, 07:33 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianisawesome1

Can I just buy one off eBay or should I find a specific website to use? Also do you know of any videos that show it being done?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app

batterys are in need
19th October 2015, 09:10 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vennon!

Hi Friends!

I found this and want to share with you:

http://stellatech.com/samsung-gt-i92...en,815961.html
and
http://stellatech.com/samsung-gt-i92...en,815944.html

I bought one for me

Enjoy

Saved my life dude!!
10th January 2016, 12:02 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How long are you guys finding that your cover lasted for before needing to be replaced? I've had mine for over 2 years and I haven't had any problems with it.
19th February 2016, 03:27 PM |#16  
Flag Kharkov

More
Mine lasted for about 2.5 years (was slowly falling off, then ripped) the first branch of covers (same as you can find by the links in the first post) that has gray rubber insert was somewhat defective, it can be ripped easily and not closing securely all the time, so Samsung actually replaces them in service centers, I know guy who took his phone to service with faulty display and they replaced display and cover to one similar to Galaxy S5 with flat white rubber insert. I got new one from service for about 5$ and this is a newer one (same as S5's) and to replace it, you just need to undo bottom screws, then easily with fingernail you can lift up back of the phone just a little bit, and old cover (just a piece of it in my case) will fall off, so you just need to put the new one and put button screws back (decorative, round plastic bits you can take off with needle, there are tiny groove for it).
19th February 2016, 08:46 PM |#17  
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 566

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den90

Mine lasted for about 2.5 years (was slowly falling off, then ripped) the first branch of covers (same as you can find by the links in the first post) that has gray rubber insert was somewhat defective, it can be ripped easily and not closing securely all the time, so Samsung actually replaces them in service centers, I know guy who took his phone to service with faulty display and they replaced display and cover to one similar to Galaxy S5 with flat white rubber insert. I got new one from service for about 5$ and this is a newer one (same as S5's) and to replace it, you just need to undo bottom screws, then easily with fingernail you can lift up back of the phone just a little bit, and old cover (just a piece of it in my case) will fall off, so you just need to put the new one and put button screws back (decorative, round plastic bits you can take off with needle, there are tiny groove for it).

Can you post some photos of it? I'm wondering what's so much better about the new ones. I've had mine for 2.5 years as well and haven't seen any signs of wear and tear yet.
20th February 2016, 05:07 PM |#18  
Flag Kharkov

More
Well, first of all, the rubber base is secured better on the plastic cover itself so rubber won't gonna rip off as easy (mine riped off from plastic about a year ago, and now rubber itsetf brake) if you happy with yours, thats good because as for me I didn't had another choise. Before installing new cover I took pictures of new and old, here they are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150925_235957.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	3653468   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150926_000051.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	3653469   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150926_000113.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	3653470  
The Following User Says Thank You to Den90 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Den90 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)