Thanks Meter: 527

By digixmax, Senior Member on 13th March 2014, 03:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st February 2016, 06:58 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digixmax

For CM11 I'd suggest you use the GApps package http://opengapps.org/?api=4.4&variant=nano.

Thanks, so what I did go back and reformat the sd card and start over with the early, cm recovery ovation, cm11, gapps 4.4; however, apparently I didn't unzip and copy the early correctly because after I rebooted the hd+ after going through the wipe/install process, I got an error that the setup wizard could not start. I powered off, wiped the sd card and began again following directions very carefully making sure the MLO was copied first.

Now, it seems I have somehow bricked the device because it will not power on and has only a green light when plugged in, instead of the normal amber. Any ideas of how to get it to turn on and boot to the SD again?

EDIT:
Okay, as I stated in my edit, I got it to boot, but I'm still getting the popup "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has sopped. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time!!!

21st February 2016, 10:30 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 527

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ummhasan

EDIT:
Okay, as I stated in my edit, I got it to boot, but I'm still getting the popup "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has sopped. Any ideas?

Did you do a "wipe /data & factory reset" before you flash/install the zip files of CM11 ROM and GApps?

Did the installation of the 2 zip files succeed without error messages?
22nd February 2016, 03:41 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I got it working after I got it to bypass the error by dragging down the menu and connecting to wifi. Once I did that I was able to set up the Google account and everything was fine thereafter. There is a bit of flickering now and then, but everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks so much for your time and help!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)