By keeekeeess, Member on 29th June 2014, 03:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd December 2015, 02:36 PM |#31  
Flag The green part of the world. PAKISTAN
Thanks Meter: 2,185

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofferey

@noobSU What phone and ROM are you using & what are your partial wakelocks showing?

Partial wakelocks has nothing suspecious. Just normal wakelocks of 1mint or some seconds. But in kernel wakelocks there is suspend_backoff. Plus this is not due to flashable zip. Suspend_backoff only triggers when i disable or enable systemupdateservice from any app or flashable zip. That's weird. My Rom is CM11 M11. Lg g pro e980.

23rd December 2015, 11:54 PM |#32  
Flag Long Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 47

Donate to Me
More
Hmmm that is odd. I never experienced that before. Have you looked for other people with the issue? I read it could be related to chrome. I'm no longer using KK builds and it would be hard to test...

Try this in termianl/adb and tell me if it helps. Prolly not but worth a shot.

#echo suspend_backoff > /sys/power/wake_unlock
24th December 2015, 06:51 AM |#33  
Flag The green part of the world. PAKISTAN
Thanks Meter: 2,185

More
Quote:

Hmmm that is odd. I never experienced that before. Have you looked for other people with the issue? I read it could be related to chrome. I'm no longer using KK builds and it would be hard to test...

I have no clue foh it. Searched but nothing like that found. Yes i read it suspend can be due to chrome but i havn't installed chrome yet

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote:

Nothing happend

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
24th February 2016, 05:59 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 2,275

More
Quote:

Hate to revive an old thread 6 months later for fear that I may get bashed but I wanted to share my findings as some of us are still using CM 11 based roms and might prefer one over another. Anywho I see no point in starting a new thread for this when Google can lead someone else here as it did me and provide them with an end all be all solution. I tried many of the suggestions here and couldn't get any of them to persist after a reboot. Thanks to bit2 I came up with a solution using his suggestions and created a flashable .zip that installs an init script. The script runs the commands bit2 posted after the phone completes booting effectively disabling the wakelock (for me anyway). The only major difference is, it first enables the services then disables them again. Some work needs to be done in order for it to better detect a fully booted system though. As it stands now it waits for systemui and gms/gsf then pauses another two minutes before enabling/disabling the services in order to terminate the lock. If the script excutes accordingly you can find a run log in /data/wakefix.log then use an app such as CPU Spy or BBS to see if deep sleep is being entered after sleeping for a few minutes. Maybe this will help someone like me who noticed their phone wasn't entering deep sleep due to the SystemUpdateService on a CM11 based ROM like Liquid Smooth for the SPH-L720/JFLTESPR. Its not perfect and may need some adjustments but it gets the job done for me anyway.

I found your post via google. I did not try flashing your zip. However, I did take all of your pm enable and disable commands, and set Script Manager to run those commands at boot. It beautifully kills the wakelock! Plus, greenify doesn't step in to hibernate SManager until some point after the script has run at boot, so it's not like SManager is running in the background all the time. Well done, much appreciated!

PS, I also just stumbled across this app this morning: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eservice&hl=en

[poo]
The Following User Says Thank You to poo706 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift poo706 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)