By jupiter2012, Senior Member on 21st March 2014, 08:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st January 2016, 11:44 AM |#21  
Flag Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcolin

Useless, i have two of those devices i tried to hold the power button for more than 8 seconds but nothing happened no power on
Not even when you put on charge! Dead devices

Last year in December I bought the Cube 7X quad and I managed to brick it while rooting. Now she's ok and I even managed to resize the programs partition using EBRtweak tool found after 2 months of searching (nothing worked). They say the program cannot do it over 4GB but I managed to give acces to whole 6GB available even though SP Flash Tool is giving you an error at download 50%, it will do it.

Always write with SP Flash Tool ONLY the 2 modified EBR files (to be selected), other files to be unchecked in SPFT. Writing to be done in Download mode selected on SPFT.

The tablet costed me 50EUR from Aliexpress (special offer) and I bought it for CarTablet use because it has GPS, dual sim/3G+ and phone function.
Stock, it suks big time because 0.99GB is too little space for apps so you must resize somehow the Programs partition.

Resizing is done on your own risk!! Always do a backup of your ROM with MTK Droid Tools, in case something goes wrong you can use SP Flash tool to revert to stock ROM and try again.

Using iROOT it takes 15s and it's rooted BUT you have to uninstall all 4-5 apps he is putting in (Kingroot, cleaner and so on) for peace of mind.

If it freezes, try to reset the device using volume down and power for more than 5s.
For better connection with SP Flash tool try pressing and holding volume up before connecting the usb cable in the tablet.
Tablet must be powered off (for MTK smartphones it says to remove battery), and the easyest way is to press and hold the vol down and power untill the tablet is off.

LE:" After a few days of using the resized partition I started to receive random crashes and errors with USB storage must be formated so I reverted to stock EBR ... for now.

26th February 2016, 04:25 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Are you find solution? 1GB is to small.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
3g phone, 7 inch, acube talk 7x, pls display, quad core

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)