Permanent SIM Unlock for LS980 (OTA, APN) JB 4.2.2, KK 4.4.2

Search This thread

yl328

Jan 18, 2011
Whenever I change the permissions of the "property" file under carrier to anything but rwxrwxrwx all the files inside disappear. Any guidance on that?
Correction: the files are still inside (changing it back to rwxrwxrwx works fine), it's just that when root explorer loads up that folder, it appears blank. Surely rw-r-r wouldn't do that. Any ideas?

Is there anything wrong with leaving the permissions as rwxrwxrwx on the property folder?

Last edited:

dastaner

Jun 26, 2014
signal doesn't work well like how?...little details might help

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Forums PRO

Sometimes a get signal drop(no signal), sometimes i don't have signal at all...

edit:
i add this lines in the build.prop

ro.build.target_county: US
ro.carrier=TMO
ro.build.target_operator=TMO
persist.service.crash.enable=1
ro.telephony.default_network=9
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0

if i don't add this lines in the build.prop i don't get any signal.
System Setings -> Tethering & networks -> Mobile networks -> Network mode -> GSM/WCDMA/LTE.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgblak001

talvigi

Feb 15, 2014
All ways somewhere arround
How To Update LS980 to stock lollipop.
1) Download zve.tot file from here http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime/LG/LG_G2/LS980/Stock_Firmware
2) flash it via flashtool (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476)
3) start your phone and you'll get the lollipop update. If you don't, then download the update.zip and flash via adb through recovery
4) after lollipop update, you'll need to unlock sim. For that, root is required. Root it by this method http://highonandroid.com/android-smartphones/how-to-root-lg-g-flex-2-g2-g3-on-lollipop/
5) unlock sim by following this method first http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2655133
then follow this (see second post on this link for details)
http://xdaforums.com/sprint-g2/development/zvg-unlock-sim-card-t3096995 

BUT I was really unable to even root it with all the methods you have mentioned and others too,

Edited: Hay guys thanks for all your help i finally did it the permanent SIM Unlock procedure here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2655133

Last edited:

talvigi

Feb 15, 2014
All ways somewhere arround
unlock.png

SIM Unlock
LG G2 LS980

Must have:

1. Stock ROM (or Stock based)
2. ROOT
3. Drivers on PC
4. Connect phone to PC with USB-debugging

Instructions:

1. Launch Totalcmd.exe on PС
2. Go to Network -> ABD -> Your device
111.png

3. Copy All Folders from carrier to /carrier/
4. Reboot
* Confirm permissions on the phone
* You can use any Root File Manager to do the same... TC don't work on KitKat
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

To make APNs stick automatically:

1. Replace apns-conf.xml in Folder /etc/
2. Delete File telephony.db and mmssms.db in Folder /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases
3. Reboot

To make MMS work (Not for sure, try Hangouts):

1. In dialer press ##443336772#, you will get a 6 digit SPC code, remember it! (can see it only on JB 4.2.2)
2. In dialer press ##DATA# , this will take you to hidden Data settings
3. Select MMSC
4. Hit Edit, you will be prompted for your SPC code, enter it
5. Now have 3 options: Set URL, Gateway, and Set Port. Set all
6. Reboot
* Thanks for scottdanpor
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

To remove Bloat rename system aplications:

Activation.apk.bak
OmaDmclient.apk.bak
SPR_Skyfire_Observer.apk.bak
SPR_Skyfire_Toolbar.apk.bak
SprintExtensionProvider.apk.bak
SprintID.apk.bak
SprintTouch.apk.bak
Vtt-Sprint.apk.bak
xtra_t_app.apk.bak
Zone-Sprint.apk.bak
WIFIOffloader.apk.bak
* Look for them in app and priv-app folders

If Tethering don't work:

Follow this Guide

To stop Sprint Update notification:

1. Install Autostarts app from Google Play (this is a pay app and there may be other free apps that do the same thing but this is what I used)
2. Go to After Startup
3. Scroll down until you see Google Services Framework
4. There should be several of them. For me it was the third one. Tap it and read the bottom of the popup to find out. It will say Receiver com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService...
5. Disable it (Grant Root)
6. Reboot
* Thanks for Marty

* We done that ysabxe :highfive: sentonbomb
* Thanks for severly he send me files from unlocked phone!
* Before accept OTA Update you need to activate bloat (remove .bak)
* Confirmed! Working on LG G FLEX LS995
* Not working with US operators!

Confirmed: it also works on LS980 running ZVE
I did it and after all done did a factory reset and hurry all things done.

xNotta

Aug 4, 2010
So is all that needs to be changed is the "OMADM_SIMLOCK" value in the node.db database from 0 to 1 to do the unlock? (assuming APNs are already there and applied)

Shoot, was thinking the ZVG method was part of this thread, but it has it's own thread.

Last edited:

geoffrey2012

Aug 26, 2012
unlock.png

SIM Unlock
LG G2 LS980

Must have:

2. ROOT
3. Drivers on PC

Instructions:

111.png

4. Reboot

2. Delete File telephony.db and mmssms.db in Folder /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases
3. Reboot

1. In dialer press ##443336772#, you will get a 6 digit SPC code, remember it! (can see it only on JB 4.2.2)
3. Select MMSC
6. Reboot
* Thanks for scottdanpor

Activation.apk.bak
OmaDmclient.apk.bak
SprintID.apk.bak
SprintTouch.apk.bak
Vtt-Sprint.apk.bak
xtra_t_app.apk.bak
Zone-Sprint.apk.bak
WIFIOffloader.apk.bak

If Tethering don't work:

Follow this Guide

1. Install Autostarts app from Google Play (this is a pay app and there may be other free apps that do the same thing but this is what I used)
2. Go to After Startup
4. There should be several of them. For me it was the third one. Tap it and read the bottom of the popup to find out. It will say Receiver com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService...
6. Reboot
* Thanks for Marty

Can you please clarify where you get the carrier folder to copy to the phone's carrier directory. Is it somewhere concealed in the stock ROM KDZ file ?

1c3

Apr 5, 2008
Had some real trouble with me G2 earlier. Bought it and it was showing up as D802, I tried to root and then install TWRP recovery via Autorec but ended up with white lines issue. Gave it to the repair guy and he made it work but said that it is LS980 and was converted to D802. Now the phone showing up as LS980 and working fine on 4.2.2. I asked him to upgrade to Lollipop but he said it wont be carrier unlocked after upgrading to Lollipop.

My question is that should this unlock procedure be done before upgrading to Lollipop or after it? What I am trying to accomplish is to install CloudyG2 3.3 rom.

Thanks

wzedlare

Jul 7, 2015
Adana, Turkey
Had some real trouble with me G2 earlier. Bought it and it was showing up as D802, I tried to root and then install TWRP recovery via Autorec but ended up with white lines issue. Gave it to the repair guy and he made it work but said that it is LS980 and was converted to D802. Now the phone showing up as LS980 and working fine on 4.2.2. I asked him to upgrade to Lollipop but he said it wont be carrier unlocked after upgrading to Lollipop.

My question is that should this unlock procedure be done before upgrading to Lollipop or after it? What I am trying to accomplish is to install CloudyG2 3.3 rom.

Thanks

You dont need to unlock your sim on cloudy roms :)

ad346

Jul 16, 2013
Dubai

Thanks
hey man

im in the exact exact situation as you. for 3 days ive been trying to get my phone rooted and twrp installed. each time i tried, i used autorec and it got me the fastboot mode problem..however now, a phone shop was able to flash a stock android rom on it, sim network worked initially but the moment i connected it to wifi (some file must have updated with sprint) the network wont connect and i keep getting handsfree activation message on screen but it doesnt actually activate...

please shed some light on what to do in order to gain access to mobile networks? and possibly flash twrp without autorec

geoffrey2012

Aug 26, 2012
This is the prosedure I followed to unlock my LS 980 with ZVC.

1.Install ZVC.tot
2.Root the phone with ioroot25
3.Download Root Explorer from PlayStore
4.Download SimUnlockFinal.zip and extract the files
5.Rename in : /System/app/OMADMclient.apk to OMADMclient.apk.bak
6.After that put in your's phone memory the folder Carrier and replace the folder 'Carrier' with the one that comes with the SimUnlockFinal.zip with Root Explorer (Don't do it twice if you don't see the files you have replace).Just continue to the next step.
7.Replace the apns-conf.xml in Folder /etc/ and then change the permission to Rw-r-r-
8.Delete the telephony.db in Folder /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases
Then reboot..
The only issue is that it can't read the contacts from the sim card.So make a backup.vcf on your Pc or your sd card and just restore it at the end of the procedure...

This worked for me...I am not responsible for briked devices if you do something wrong...
If this thread helped you just hit 'Thanks'.
Are where would I find the SimUnlockFinal.zip? Your guide is no use unless the location of this file is made clear.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    unlock.png

SIM Unlock
    LG G2 LS980

Must have:

2. ROOT
    3. Drivers on PC

Instructions:

111.png

4. Reboot

3. Reboot

3. Select MMSC
    6. Reboot
    * Thanks for scottdanpor

Activation.apk.bak
    OmaDmclient.apk.bak
    SprintID.apk.bak
    SprintTouch.apk.bak
    Vtt-Sprint.apk.bak
    xtra_t_app.apk.bak
    Zone-Sprint.apk.bak
    WIFIOffloader.apk.bak

If Tethering don't work:

Follow this Guide

2. Go to After Startup
    6. Reboot
    * Thanks for Marty

Sim Unlock for LS980 ZVC(KIT KAT)

This is the prosedure I followed to unlock my LS 980 with ZVC.

1.Install ZVC.tot
    2.Root the phone with ioroot25
    3.Download Root Explorer from PlayStore
    4.Download SimUnlockFinal.zip and extract the files
    5.Rename in : /System/app/OMADMclient.apk to OMADMclient.apk.bak
    6.After that put in your's phone memory the folder Carrier and replace the folder 'Carrier' with the one that comes with the SimUnlockFinal.zip with Root Explorer (Don't do it twice if you don't see the files you have replace).Just continue to the next step.
    7.Replace the apns-conf.xml in Folder /etc/ and then change the permission to Rw-r-r-
    8.Delete the telephony.db in Folder /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases
    Then reboot..
    The only issue is that it can't read the contacts from the sim card.So make a backup.vcf on your Pc or your sd card and just restore it at the end of the procedure...

This worked for me...I am not responsible for briked devices if you do something wrong...
    If this thread helped you just hit 'Thanks'.
    http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.p...o:Permanent-Unlock-Sprint-LG-G2-LS980-for-GSM

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

This has visuals in it to help and understand easily

Oh, thanks, I will give that $ to people who need them
    uvepetup.jpg

a6yme4y4.jpg

etyge7yz.jpg