[APP](NO ROOT)WiFi tethering for droid mini, ultra, maxx android 4.4

65 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By lpcar04, Member on 31st January 2014, 02:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th February 2016, 06:14 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Just to check... I have a Droid Maxx XT1080M NON ROOTED. I am using it in a GSM network and I can tether without problem (USB, WIFI and BLUETOOTH).

This is not available to other Droid Ultras/Maxx??

1st March 2016, 11:46 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Semi-Solved
I Solved my issue of trying to use my unlimited data via hot spot. Apparently Big Red V corrupts android OS with an added subscription process for the hot spot function. They want us to pay an additional $30/mo to use our hot spot. Technically that's illegal & against FCC rules, so they call it a "device feature" instead - which actuality is a device hobbling practice (read extortion) imho. FoxFi app has circumvented this subscription process in the past, but the carrier breaks this with each and every update. Android 4.4 has pretty much locked down the boot loader most commonly used to ROOT. What's a user to do but choose a phone with unadulterated Android OS, which was my solution. Moto has come to the rescue with the X pure edition! Now turning the hot spot on and off is super simple -- right in the pull down menu of android 5 and 6. Yay for unlocked, pure Android phones that are free of carrier manipulation! No Root Necessary! Thanks Moto!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
droid maxx, droid ultra, kitkat, tether, wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)