FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][2/18/15][4.3][UVUCMK7 Debloated][F2FS] Conch Republic Anniversary Editions

1,453 posts
Thanks Meter: 602

By EdKeys, Senior Member on 31st January 2014, 03:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th November 2015, 07:43 AM |#461  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamorada

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xamindar

Thanks EdKeys, this rom is working great. I switched over to f2fs as well, but not getting nearly the same benchmarks you posted in the OP. Quite a bit slower but I didn't benchmark with ext4 either so no idea if that is just my phone.

Here's a useful app to check to see if your partitions were converted to f2fs correctly.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....cls.partition

F2fs is also more prone to data corruption when you have system crashes or even if you don't shut down your phone properly. I've switched over to TWRP recovery because it has the ability to repair the partitions using the advance wipe option without losing data. If you download the TWRP app from the Play store you can flash the latest TWRP recovery directly through the app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ft.twrpmanager

10th November 2015, 06:37 PM |#462  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Any way to disable the auto-screen dim on low battery <5%? I forgot how annoying that was.
Also, a lot of those Xblast Tools options don't seem to do anything, hmm. Can't get the CRT Screen-off effect to work or quick settings tiles among other things.

EDIT: I found this xposed module/app that has a lot of useful tweaks for touchwiz roms.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...stock-t2383484
11th November 2015, 05:30 AM |#463  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamorada

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xamindar

Any way to disable the auto-screen dim on low battery <5%? I forgot how annoying that was.

No, it's kernel controlled and designed to save your last bit of battery power.

Quote:

Also, a lot of those Xblast Tools options don't seem to do anything, hmm. Can't get the CRT Screen-off effect to work or quick settings tiles among other things.

EDIT: I found this xposed module/app that has a lot of useful tweaks for touchwiz roms.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...stock-t2383484

Wanam has a lot of great xposed options. The reason I left it out of the build is because it was quite aggressive and modified some system files that remained modified even after uninstalling the module. This may have changed in more recent builds though. If you notice any odd behavior, you can dirty flash the ROM again to get back to the original stock system files. ...or, if you're running f2fs, you can advance restore system from a backup with recovery.
30th November 2015, 09:26 PM |#464  
A little feedback...

A friend brought a bricked Note 2 to me and wanted me to resurrect it. I found a recommendation for this ROM as a more recent but stable option and set about trying to flash it. It looked like a great debloated option and i would have wanted to try it if nothing else than for the Conch Republic edition bit (living in Miami myself). The problem i encountered was this error:
format() expects 5 args, got 3
The recovery on the phone was philz_touch_6.something_much_newer_than_07, and from reading it seemed that the error was due to using an older ROM on a much newer recovery. I tried flashing the version of philz you provide, but it complained about my device being a g3 or something (which it isn't, it's a T-mo 889).

Without a working usb port to use odin or any of the methods i'm familiar with in android tools and no experience with Samsung devices (mine have all been Nokia or HTC), i just went and found another ROM and tried it (JediMaster X2) and it worked.

So i'm not sure if the format() args is something to be fixed/updated or if someone just installed a ridiculously new recovery on an ancient phone, but there you go.

Cheers
16th December 2015, 12:34 PM |#465  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Is it safe to flash this on a phone that has a 4.4.4 ROM or do I need to odin back to 4.1.2 first?
17th December 2015, 12:05 PM |#466  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamorada

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiah

Is it safe to flash this on a phone that has a 4.4.4 ROM or do I need to odin back to 4.1.2 first?

You're safe. If you have the 4.3 bootloader you can flash either the S or D edition. If you have an older bootloader you'll need the D edition.
5th February 2016, 08:16 AM |#467  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamorada

Donate to Me
More
Viper4Android 2.4.0.1 has been released. You will definitely hear an improvement. You may have to reboot twice to install the driver if you've recently used the previously installed driver.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nm...id_2.4.0.1.apk
4th March 2016, 04:33 PM |#468  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hi,

I tried installing the ROM on my mom's galaxy note 2. Wifi wasn't working, and the phone would have periods where it would be unable to use data or make calls. I flashed version S. In addition, her phone has used Avatar ROM and is currently using LiquidSmooth (4.4.4). Neither of these ROMs asked for me to make any modification or change to the bootloader type. What do you guys think is going on? Might I need to flash version D instead? I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but the search index is currently not working for me in this thread. I'm unsure as to what bootloader version the phone originally had, since the phone was originally my sister's. Let me know what other info is needed, and thanks!
7th March 2016, 04:42 AM |#469  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamorada

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonilla51

Hi,

I tried installing the ROM on my mom's galaxy note 2. Wifi wasn't working, and the phone would have periods where it would be unable to use data or make calls. I flashed version S. In addition, her phone has used Avatar ROM and is currently using LiquidSmooth (4.4.4). Neither of these ROMs asked for me to make any modification or change to the bootloader type. What do you guys think is going on? Might I need to flash version D instead? I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but the search index is currently not working for me in this thread. I'm unsure as to what bootloader version the phone originally had, since the phone was originally my sister's. Let me know what other info is needed, and thanks!

Edition D will work with all bootloader versions. You can flash right over the top of the S version without wiping data.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)