FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Phone bricked itself. QHSUSB_DLOAD

48 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By r00tb33r, Member on 17th January 2014, 10:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Sadly, my HTC First somehow managed to quietly brick itself while I was carrying it around inside my pocket. It was rooted about three months ago, no other modifications. I have not installed any applications recently. I had a battery low warning (14%) maybe a couple hours before that, but hadn't had a chance to charge it.

I literally pulled it out of my pocket and there was no response of any kind. I plugged it into my PC to charge, but the charge indicator did not light up. Windows showed that it didn't find a driver for QHSUSB_DLOAD.

My warranty is void so... I suppose since the brick didn't happen while flashing anything (I repeat, I did not flash anything), I should have a better chance of recovery over USB, correct? I see instructions for some popular phones, but the procedure requires a dedicated package it seems. I would assume one does not exist for our phones. What do I do now?

I suppose I would feel better had I broken the phone myself, but having it just randomly brick on me like that is just crushing.
The Following User Says Thank You to r00tb33r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift r00tb33r Ad-Free

17th January 2014, 10:28 AM |#2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
WOW THAT SCARED ME SO MUCH. HOOLEEEY SH*****T!

I plugged the phone into an old charger and it began to charge. I was able to turn it on. Does this mean that it's impossible to charge a phone from PC's USB when the battery is drained all the way?

Whew.
17th January 2014, 09:10 PM |#3  
Flag Simpsonville, SC
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r00tb33r

WOW THAT SCARED ME SO MUCH. HOOLEEEY SH*****T!

I plugged the phone into an old charger and it began to charge. I was able to turn it on. Does this mean that it's impossible to charge a phone from PC's USB when the battery is drained all the way?

Whew.

Yes that is true.
The reason for that is because to use a phone through USB you must have an alternating current. Aka electrons move back and forth. To and FROM the phone. The charger is a direct current. It simply pushes the battery to recharge.

Sent from my HTC first using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th March 2016, 04:40 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
htc first bricked QHSUSB DLOAD on device manager on pc.
hey geys i have the same issue. my phone was operating really slow and then rebooted by itself up to the facebook F LOGO, upon which it was stuck for over 15 minutes, i held down the power button until the device powered down, but it didnt restart as it was supposed to,
so i used the usb cable connected to a wall charger and its not charging nor booting up, there is no LED indicator that its charging either, the charger works.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)