[APP] Mp3 Tag Editor
As the name pretty much says it, this is an tag editor for mp3 files so they can be nicely displayed in the media player.
The use of the application is very simple:
- use the menu to open a mp3 file
- choose the category you want to modify (ID3v1, ID3v2, Front Cover or Back Cover)
- modify the fields according to your wishes
- use the menu to save the modifications
- The application requires .NET Framework 3.5
- The application has been tested on HTC Touch HD with Windows Mobile 6.5 (VGA & WVGA resolutions) but it should work on Windows Mobile 5+ at all resolutions
- Please back-up your mp3 files before using this application. I've never had any problems but it's better to be safe than sorry
20.06.2010 - v2.0
* added support for ID3v2 tag
* added support for Album Art (Front Cover & Back Cover)
* added the ability to copy information between ID3v1 and ID3v2 (using the button at the end of each tag's page)
* updated Sense Interface SDK version to v1.39
24.05.2010 - v1.0 - Initial release
* support only for ID3v1 tag
Let me know what you think so we can make it better
The application uses the nice Sense Interface SDK
created by eboelzner
. Thank you!
IMPORTANT!!! Question regarding the next version
In order to easily add support for folder tagging and other media types, it would be best for the usability and for the performance of the application to remove the support for ID3v1 tag and Back Cover.
ID3v1 tag limits the length of the fields (e.g. Artist and Tile are limited to 30 characters) and it is used by media players only if the ID3v2 tag is not present, so I see no problem in using just the ID3v2 tag.
Regarding the Back Cover, I didn't find a media player that displays more than one picture from the mp3 file. That's why I think it's OK to keep only the Front Cover.
Because I value the opinion of the users of my application, I added a poll to this thread for you to decide. The poll will be open till 4 July so please state your opinion regarding the support for ID3v1 and Back Cover in the next version. Thank you!
If you find it useful... not required.