FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Are we getting Android 5.0? Rumors, links, etc..

1,051 posts
Thanks Meter: 202

By vonuzu, Senior Member on 26th June 2014, 03:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th March 2016, 09:52 PM |#951  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minto107

.... hope to see you around G4 ....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I have moved to Note 5 months ago but spent a bunch of time on research about such Lollipop port, talked with some kernel developers, extracted the 3.4 kernel to get the differences and came to that sad conclusion I have posted above.

Samsung devices have the greatest potential but need a lot of XDA developers to get the top

16th March 2016, 09:58 PM |#952  
Flag EU, Poland, Warsaw, Lublin, Pulawy
Thanks Meter: 862

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard

I have moved to Note 5 months ago but spent a bunch of time on research about such Lollipop port, talked with some kernel developers, extracted the 3.4 kernel to get the differences and came to that sad conclusion I have posted above.

Samsung devices have the greatest potential but need a lot of XDA developers to get the top

Yeah and this is the worst cons of Exynos CPU, Snapdragon devices such as S3 Lite got 5.1 port also the S4 got it and also S4 will get 6.0 when it'll get released to S5 in April. And yes Samsung devices has best support for custom ROMs and such works. Best examples are S3 classic and Lite. S3 got 4.4 and lite 5.1. I checked LG G3 ROMs and I couldn't find even one ported rom from G4 what is really strange, I also bet that they won't use G4 further updates to keep it more alive what is sad. A bit better is G2 situation. They had many port from G flex or G3 but I highly hope that my G4 will get G5 port in April or may G5 camera app has tons of features! or maybe I'll do that by myself huh?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Minto107 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Minto107 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)