FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] how to root Sph-L710/L710T S3 4.4.2 (updated as of 8/19/2015)

2,464 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,341

Post Reply Email Thread
6th February 2016, 11:32 AM |#211  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage

I honestly don't know since I've personally moved on, to the LG G3

Thanks anyway.

6th February 2016, 04:23 PM |#212  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 873

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bael616

Does the method work in l710vpudoh1 version?

Yes
The Following User Says Thank You to madbat99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madbat99 Ad-Free
7th February 2016, 05:58 PM |#213  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbat99

Yes

I really need help.
19th March 2016, 02:16 AM |#214  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
alzheimer guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbat99

The odin method works fine. I would use twrp, not philz. Philz is no longer being developed.
To get odin, just Google odin. Or get it from any s3 root thread. Or any Samsung root thread, they all work.

hey, think you could answer a few questions? where do i get twrp like a lower version and i want philz, a lower version. also if you were going to set up a sph-l710 that i got sold in place of an triband that died last night, i kept my mouth shut because that's how all this started when i wore the usb port out so i bought a new s3 and unknowingly to anyone most of all me they gave me a triband. i had to learn a lot in a hurry. you, game me a lot. man i've searched the threads and the links to philz are down, refresher is all for triband, correct? all right, ill take the answer and go. thanks
19th March 2016, 02:31 AM |#215  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 873

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgellen

hey, think you could answer a few questions? where do i get twrp like a lower version and i want philz, a lower version. also if you were going to set up a sph-l710 that i got sold in place of an triband that died last night, i kept my mouth shut because that's how all this started when i wore the usb port out so i bought a new s3 and unknowingly to anyone most of all me they gave me a triband. i had to learn a lot in a hurry. you, game me a lot. man i've searched the threads and the links to philz are down, refresher is all for triband, correct? all right, ill take the answer and go. thanks

I can't tell what all you're asking. So much jumbled info. Philz is dead, I don't recommend it and don't know where to find it. It can't flash new roms properly anyway. Twrp you get straight from their site, all versions. Twrp
You have to be specific what you want. Read your post, that makes sense to you? Relax. That type of frantic post is a bad sign.
What EXACTLY do you want to do?
19th March 2016, 03:36 AM |#216  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgellen

thats because im afraid to make you guys angry. i have honestly had 54 surgeries and my medications make me think i can just write away. like a blathering idiot. sorry. my triband died last night. the second to do the same thing. i got in replacement another l710. so i kind of need the same old questions answered but i know this phone very well. i deleted all the files i had when i started working on the tribands. so whAT i want is to know how you would set this up and what you would run. if i run those cm12 and that stuff will i lose the cell and sound again or do you think it was my defective triband. that threw me and in turn i drove you guys crazy. i understand so much more now. im going to explore and one thing i have to fix first is the constant scanning of my wifi.im about to start loading files and i honestly would like to know how you would set up a very nice s3. thats all.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

here's another, jeez,,, selinux changes,, i don't know what that is. the fix i saw on xda has to do with compiling and i have never got there either. its a chainfire app that's asking also.???? specifically flashfire.,,wow
26th August 2016, 07:53 AM |#217  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Baseband Version L710VPUC0J1 works with this method.
This is in reference to Samsung Galaxy S3 for Boost Mobile SPH-L710.

Just want to let anyone out there that updated their Boost S3 to L710VPUC0J1 know that you can still root and/or ROM your phone.
Use the instructions to (use Odin to) update the recovery to TWRP first (in the second set of instructions). I had trouble trying to go right to PhilZ Recovery (which I believe is based off of ClockWorkMod). I Had to do the TWRP (twrp-2.8.7.0-d2spr.img.tar) first.
It was the only way to get it to actually accept the recovery, not sure why, maybe because the latest Samsung firmware fixed an exploit or two.
This is an older phone, but it is still a viable one.
I hope this helps someone out there.
It took me a while to figure this quandary out.
As always this WILL flag KNOX, but I'm sure this won't be an issue at this date and time (8/2016).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)