Thanks Meter: 249

By VolcanicSkunk, Senior Member on 20th April 2014, 06:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd September 2015, 06:52 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nx Biotic

You dont root first... You unlock the bootloader, flash a custom recovery, than flash root

So about that....I was wanting to unlock my phone's bootloader but it says that it'll wipe my phone in the process. I wanted to backup my apps but apps like titanium backup require root to do so. What's a good way to back up my phone "before" rooting?

2nd September 2015, 07:01 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 1,682

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadnic

So about that....I was wanting to unlock my phone's bootloader but it says that it'll wipe my phone in the process. I wanted to backup my apps but apps like titanium backup require root to do so. What's a good way to back up my phone "before" rooting?

That is correct. Unlocking will wipe your phone however truthfully, their is no "full" backup you can achieve with no root. The only thing you can do is make sure your htc account has backed up everything in the cloud and google has done the same. Tuis should be in account settings or backup settings. After unlocking and resetting up your phone itl ask if you want to restore your htc account so make sure your on wifi have a good data connection.
Their are applications that have the ability to backup your downloaded apps from the playstore but only the apk, no user data.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
14th January 2016, 01:17 AM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I get "FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)" when i try to flash TWRP. Any help?
14th January 2016, 03:54 PM |#124  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud37

I get "FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)" when i try to flash TWRP. Any help?

What method are you using
20th March 2016, 06:26 PM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Shouldn't we be able to just "fastboot boot" the recovery image to avoid having to "attempt" to get the device in S-Off? I was able to successfully do this with another HTC device not to long ago.
21st March 2016, 09:45 AM |#126  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtimes3

Shouldn't we be able to just "fastboot boot" the recovery image to avoid having to "attempt" to get the device in S-Off? I was able to successfully do this with another HTC device not to long ago.

S-Off is only accomplished by Sunshine
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)