Aqtrans' CM-5.07 port for Kaiser/Vogue! [v1.2] [5/27]

Search This thread

aqtrans

Oct 7, 2007
This is my port of Cyanogen's latest Eclair build, v5.07-stable.
It is basically mssmison's 5.07-test3 build updated, I used the same process he did to port this one.

Included Apps:
-Connectbot
-Astro
-RogueTools
-LinPack
-HomeSwitcher

Notes:
-No major problems found so far (besides Eclair-specific problems like the Camera not working).
-Speed is comparable to other Eclair builds, maybe even a bit zippier at times. :D
-It should be fully compatible with any themes/mods made for Cyanogenmod v5.07-stable. (Although my attempt at flashing this theme sent my phone into an "android.power wakeup" loop, so be cautious!)
--Darkstar theme isn't working either, thx for trying @thebulletfromhell!
-It is set to 120DPI by default, so if running anything other than 320x240, you'll have to use RogueTools to adjust it. I am currently running it at 320x240x120dpi and haven't experienced many problems, except the top and bottom of the Dialer are cutoff, button's still reachable though. (If someone wants to help me fix this, please do, I just don't know where to start)
-Wifi support for the Kaiser is built in, should work out of the box! :)
-Starting with v1.2, Userinit.conf is added to the root of your SD, by default it has 16MB of Compcache, but this can be adjusted by editing the file.

Download! [Last updated on 5/29/10]

Changelog:
v1.3
-Removed userinit.conf, now everything is run directly from /system/bin/userinit.sh
-32MB Compcache by default
-Removed overclocking from the get-go. You can set it manually via RogueTools.
-Userinit.sh now renice's com.android.phone to try and improve ringing delay.
v1.2.1
-Removed redundant wlan.ko
-Replaced wlan.ko with kallt_kaffe's
-Reverted a change to userinit.sh that was causing awful performance
v1.2
-Removed Dropbox, Speedtest, Twicca, Shazam, 3Banana Notes, and LiveWallpapers
-Added Camera back (Fixes FC when trying to crop a wallpaper)
-Fixed Facebook Sync
-Userinit.conf is added to the root of SD card on first boot. This allows you to control Compcache, swap, and many other settings.

Thanks go out to mssmision for his port+quick guide to porting, Cyanogen for the build, and all the other developers that worked on getting Android running on this phone! You guys have made this phone so much more usable. :cool:

Last edited:

drkow19

Apr 16, 2009
White Lake, Michigan
Woah, it's weird being in a different forum.

What is updated in this new version (1.1)? I'm still running the first one you posted in the Vogue forums (on a Vogue) and it's working great.

aqtrans

Oct 7, 2007
Cool! :D

Gonna try this one out.

Thanks a lot!
:) Let me know how it goes.

Woah, it's weird being in a different forum.

What is updated in this new version (1.1)? I'm still running the first one you posted in the Vogue forums (on a Vogue) and it's working great.

The updated version has wifi working for Kaiser, and some compcache tweaks done to /system/bin/userinit.conf. The first version I think I disabled compcache entirely, and it really showed once you got the build fully loaded. :eek:

Michga

Oct 15, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 6
all live wallpapers dont work and show force close (exclude polar clock)
but its cool and fast (default it set at 450MHz and i set it to 500MHz)
Bench at 500MHz: MFLOPS:2.141
Times: 2.53s
Norm Res: 3.36
Precision: 2.224...

Maybe you add-in many of not neccessary app..
and one very good thing.. i have i think 320x428 and 120DPi in RogueTools. and its less blurry than thats sets in myn
Congrats for good rom.

Last edited:

robuser007

Jan 7, 2010
Compared to super eclair it has a few advantages:
-language dutch is included and fully working :)
-more options: look at call settings.
-market is fully working (for now), but no paid apps (super eclair market broke after using a time, not all apps can be found).

But less free ram.

Not really worth upgrading for me (I have 2 kaisers).

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2009
Bucharest
i've installed this build on my kaiser and it works great.
tested the wifi, the market, both work great. bluetooth turns on but i haven't had the chance to send or receive any files or to connect it to my wireless headsets.
did not test the data yet.
installed helix launcher and i think it moves a little bit faster than the regular home screen.

thank for the upload :)

aqtrans

Oct 7, 2007
any screens? how to install themes on Kaiser? Little guide please...
Here's a guide to installing to NAND. The build is not themed at all, so you can check out the official Cyanogen thread for screenshots, they should look identical (besides a smaller res).
all live wallpapers dont work and show force close (exclude polar clock)
but its cool and fast (default it set at 450MHz and i set it to 500MHz)
Bench at 500MHz: MFLOPS:2.141
Times: 2.53s
Norm Res: 3.36
Precision: 2.224...

Maybe you add-in many of not neccessary app..
Yeah I just noticed the Live Wallpapers crash, didn't try this out before. Not sure if it's possible to fix it, I don't remember them working on any other Eclair builds.
Also, I noticed that /system is running low on space, so I will definitely try to trim some fat by removing pre-installed apps.

exist CM with sense 2.1 on kaiser?
Not that I know of. But there is a QVGA Android phone with Sense coming out sometime this summer, and I'm sure someone will attempt to port it.

GeJohnO

Apr 1, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
From the vogue thread...

Great build, I'm running it right now, and it thus far seems to be fast and stable! (bumped up the o/c to 500)

Two pieces of feedback...
If you can get facebook sync to work with the most current facebook app (the one with the "inbox" button rather than the "take photo" button it would be amazing. As of now, the only way to get facebook sync to work is to run the Moto Droid apk, which is the previous version.)

Anyway to get full market from the getgo? I have marketenabler working, but it isn't always consistent.

That being said, amazing build. Good work.

aqtrans

Oct 7, 2007
@GeJohnO: Looks like this is a known issue with the original Cyanogen
A few known issues;
* Facebook from market breaks sync for Market users (see forum for alternative apk) - only on Dream, Sapphire is OK. Blame Facebook.
I'll look into including whatever alternate APK in the next build.

Also I found that taking out the Camera app causes Gallery to FC when trying to crop a wallpaper, so I'll fix that as well.

robuser007

Jan 7, 2010
I just got a text message from the 24th of this months with super ecalir lite, I don't know if this version hzs those issues too?

thebulletfromhell

Feb 19, 2010
This is my port of Cyanogen's latest Eclair build, v5.07-stable.
It is basically mssmison's 5.07-test3 build updated, I used the same process he did to port this one.

Included Apps:
-Connectbot
-Twicca
-3banana Notes
-Astro
-RogueTools
-Dropbox
-LinPack
-Speedtest
-MetaMorph
-HomeSwitcher
(I will probably cut this down a lot in future builds, kind of made this for my own personal use and threw in all the Apps I usually reinstall)

Notes:
-No major problems found so far (besides Eclair-specific problems like the Camera not working).
-Speed is comparable to other Eclair builds, maybe even a bit zippier at times. :D
-It should be fully compatible with any themes/mods made for Cyanogenmod v5.07-stable. (Although my attempt at flashing this theme sent my phone into an "android.power wakeup" loop, so be cautious!)
-It is set to 120DPI by default, so if running anything other than 320x240, you'll have to use RogueTools to adjust it. I am currently running it at 320x240x120dpi and haven't experienced many problems, except the top and bottom of the Dialer are cutoff, button's still reachable though. (If someone wants to help me fix this, please do, I just don't know where to start)
-Wifi support for the Kaiser is built in, should work out of the box! :)

Download!

Thanks go out to mssmision for his port+quick guide to porting, Cyanogen for the build, and all the other developers that worked on getting Android running on this phone! You guys have made this phone so much more usable. :cool:

Add the darkstar theme to not working as well. It put it in a permanent loop

Dukenukemx

Jul 24, 2008
Jersey
I tried mssmison's test 3 out, and it was problematic. A lot of stuff would end up resetting the phone, back to the start up animation. Haven't tried this one yet, but my experience with Eclairs have been bad so far.

Wish there was a way to run Android on both NAND and SD cards. That way, I can test them out on the SD card, without destroying my NAND installation.

milanche

Jul 11, 2007
Bled
Running this port since yesterday and I must say I'm really impressed. Fast, responsive and also it seems not to drain battery as fast as other builds.

Any chance of getting Corporate Calendar in the next version (currently Exchange sync works only for Mail and Contacts in this build).

aqtrans

Oct 7, 2007
Version 1.2 posted! Changelog in the OP. :D
I tried adding the modded Market, but it kept FC'ing whenever an app would go to install. Looking at the thread, it seems like a known issue, without a fix that I could find :(

I just got a text message from the 24th of this months with super ecalir lite, I don't know if this version hzs those issues too?
I haven't experienced any such issues. As far as I know, I've been receiving texts on time, without delay.
Add the darkstar theme to not working as well. It put it in a permanent loop
Added a note to the OP about this. Thanks!

Last edited:

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com

Suggestions for 1.3

- Remove /system/etc/wifi/wlan.ko (not needed)
- Replace wlan.ko /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko with the attached version (I believe it works better for Polaris users)

I was about to suggest increasing the wlan scan interval but I noticed that you hade allready done that.

I've had problems with builds that have sensors.msm7k.so all by itself so I added the sapphire sensors before I installed v1.1 as a precaution but I'll try without doing that once I reinstall with v1.2 and I'll let you know how it goes.

Attachments

• wlan.zip
    236.1 KB · Views: 14