[Q] Dual sim with Lte support

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By corzel, Junior Member on 8th February 2014, 07:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2016, 10:24 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Sorry to bring back to life an old thread, but I am looking for the same. I have a Redmi 2 but the problem is LTE band support is poor. I need LTE for Australia / Asia / USA. Basically Band 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 7 ... All the major brands seem to have SIM 1 LTE + SIM 2 GSM only. What else is available?

24th March 2016, 10:12 AM |#32  
oslo
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Try the SM-G900FD
25th March 2016, 02:03 PM |#33  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjGeNeSiS

Try the SM-G900FD

Looks good but SIM 2 is only 2G. Any one got any other suggestions?
25th March 2016, 11:32 PM |#34  
oslo

More
Well, In all dual SIM phones, only one SIM is used as a main modem for data. Therefore the other SIM will always play a "support role". The primary one will be 4G and the other slot HSPA which is not bad if you ask me. Having two 4G modems to be used for both SIM slots is quite resource hungry so manufacturers tend not to develop configurations like that because they will have to compromise in battery life. All of them assume that you can always change your SIM to another slot if you need 4G instead of them installing expensive and redundant modems.
What are you trying to do exactly?
26th March 2016, 08:04 AM |#35  

More
Quote:

Well, In all dual SIM phones, only one SIM is used as a main modem for data. Therefore the other SIM will always play a "support role". The primary one will be 4G and the other slot HSPA which is not bad if you ask me. Having two 4G modems to be used for both SIM slots is quite resource hungry so manufacturers tend not to develop configurations like that because they will have to compromise in battery life. All of them assume that you can always change your SIM to another slot if you need 4G instead of them installing expensive and redundant modems.
What are you trying to do exactly?

My objectives are (in priority)

1. Ensure phone is relevant after 2G shut down in December 2016.
2. Ensure phone can be used in USA on LTE bands when travellign.

I was under the assumption that Samsung S5 duos was 2G only, not HSPDA which is 3G on second sim when LTE is activated.

I only want 1 LTE connection for data at 1 time but I don't want to gave to swap SIMs either when I want LTE on a particular SIM.

Hope that that what u have said is clear and that it is possible with S5 duos. Can you share photos / review / YouTube showing this functionality?

Thanks
26th March 2016, 09:04 AM |#36  

More
I just watched a video on YouTube when I searched for Sm-G900FD by a guy called giovanni passalacqua who demonstrated SIM 1 is 4G capable and then SIM 2 is only 3G HSPDA+ capable. Unfortunately he didn't demonstrate with 2 SIM cards active at once.
26th March 2016, 12:09 PM |#37  
oslo

More
I understand.
In that case the SM-G900FD is not for you. See attached screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_9552-Screenshot_2016-03-26-13-06-391085490541.png
Views:	26
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	3696792  
27th March 2016, 05:23 AM |#38  

More
Quote:

I understand.
In that case the SM-G900FD is not for you. See attached screenshot.

Thank you for replying.

I have seen the HTC 820 Dual sim which does what I want but not the frequency that I need supported for USA.

Seems like a unicorn I want
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)