[Q] HTC inspire sd card is not working

Search This thread

Episodes

May 22, 2012
i have been searching for answers and i havent seen any good answers
my sdcard is not working nor is usb connection it only charges, i've download the drivers and all but nothing. next to the network i get a sdcard icon with an Exclamation Mark,mount sd card is grayed out and erase sd card, can anyone help with this?:confused:

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
my sdcard is not working nor is usb connection it only charges, i've download the drivers and all but nothing. next to the network i get a sdcard icon with an Exclamation Mark,mount sd card is grayed out and erase sd card, can anyone help with this?:confused:

Is your phone rooted? If so boot into recovery mode then go to advance and mount USB and then plug phone into pc and see if your pc is bening detected.

Is this your 1st time that your phone is doing thing this?

Other half I would say if you do not have the drivers from HTC then down load them from HTC for your inspire

Or what you can do is if you have the sd card adapter take out the micro sd card out and load to the pc with card reader and format it but do keep in mind you will lose everything if all the above do NOT work it will be a lose if you have to go that route this happen to me once so.if you can't get your pc to read the card with sd card adapter could be that your micro card is bad some how
Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: Episodes

Episodes

May 22, 2012
Is your phone rooted? If so boot into recovery mode then go to advance and mount USB and then plug phone into pc and see if your pc is bening detected.

Other half I would say if you do not have the drivers from HTC then down load them from HTC for your inspire

Or what you can do is if you have the sd card adapter take out the micro sd card out and load to the pc with card reader and format it but do keep in mind you will lose everything if all the above do NOT work it will be a lose if you have to go that route this happen to me once so.if you can't get your pc to read the card with sd card adapter could be that your micro card is bad some how

no phone isnt rooted, my pc reads it also on other phones too, i formatted it and still no luck

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
no phone isnt rooted, my pc reads it also on other phones too, i formatted it and still no luck

So your phone is the only one that your pc is not detecting it?

Did you uninstall any drivers did you do any stock os update?

If you do have the drivers from HTC inspire try uninstall them and re install them.

Sounds crazy are you by chance pluging your that isn't working in the same USB port try another port

Episodes

May 22, 2012
havent tried connecting it with any other pc yet. im not able to do any update because its greyed out and the way to update is by htc sync my phone is running 2.3.3 sense 2.1
my problem is somehow related to this
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1247351
but it hasnt been resolved yet, how am i gonna be able to do adb when my sdcard is not mounted when it is

Last edited:

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
Damn thats crappy.. (im sure you know this by now lol) like I said before this happen to me but what I did was boot into recovery by the vol down and power method and once I did get into recovery I selected mounts and usb and plug in my phone and BAM! detected and was able to access the sd card and REMOVE THE PD98IMG file that kept my phone from booting up..

Honestly I would try plugging your phone into another port of your pc that your using or go to another pc and try it something that does not have the htc drivers and if not install them and remove htc sync driver once you get them there is 3 drivers you get keep the other 2 but uninstall the sync..

All that info from that link you posted and what your telling is like 99.9% same issues I had a few months back.

But also like I said do you have the sd card adapter for the micro sd card? if so then try just plugging the sd card in the pc and see if you can access the sd card files and if you do have that PD98IMG delete it.:D

Once you do so that should clear up and bootloops..

By chance when you were flashing a rom while in recovery, did you flash a rom and flash a kernel? Because I did that once back to back where I flash a rom and with out it booting up for the 1st time it just sat there looping because I flashed the kernel right after I flash the rom.. If you did that just wipe everything and flash again flash the rom boot 1st time then flash kernel.. I know this may not have much info to you request hahah

just thank me for any help that I provide means a lot..

Episodes

May 22, 2012
Damn thats crappy.. (im sure you know this by now lol) like I said before this happen to me but what I did was boot into recovery by the vol down and power method and once I did get into recovery I selected mounts and usb and plug in my phone and BAM! detected and was able to access the sd card and REMOVE THE PD98IMG file that kept my phone from booting up..

Honestly I would try plugging your phone into another port of your pc that your using or go to another pc and try it something that does not have the htc drivers and if not install them and remove htc sync driver once you get them there is 3 drivers you get keep the other 2 but uninstall the sync..

All that info from that link you posted and what your telling is like 99.9% same issues I had a few months back.

But also like I said do you have the sd card adapter for the micro sd card? if so then try just plugging the sd card in the pc and see if you can access the sd card files and if you do have that PD98IMG delete it.:D

By chance when you were flashing a rom while in recovery, did you flash a rom and flash a kernel? Because I did that once back to back where I flash a rom and with out it booting up for the 1st time it just sat there looping because I flashed the kernel right after I flash the rom.. If you did that just wipe everything and flash again flash the rom boot 1st time then flash kernel.. I know this may not have much info to you request hahah

ok i fixed the problem where my sdcard wasnt mounting, problem was when i dissasemble the phone the pin was off, but now its working.
now i have this problem where the phone wont connect to pc:confused:
i have uninstalled/installed drivers back and forth and nothing connect with htc only,charge only,tethering, nothing still also changed usb. when i turn phone off and have it in htc sync it gives me usb connecting is not functioning well

Reactions: blinkers082

Episodes

May 22, 2012
Give that a shot it could be just a bad cable its has a mind of its own, wants to work when it want to work..

ok i tried connecting it to another pc and it worked, now im having problems rooting it:mad: it tells me
phone not plugged in
or driver not installed
or usb debugging not enabled

phone is plugged in, driver is installed, and debugging is enabled...
seems like i i fix one problem and another comes up:mad:

Reactions: CYRAXDroid

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
1st off hit the thanks button on my replys lol.:D

2nd and your using the advanced hack kit? If you are and which if you have not already Uninstall the Htc Sync drivers do so what else is happening you said that your having issues on rooting like what are the issues, is it that its not connecting to your pc? I thought you had root on your phone?

Last edited:

Episodes

May 22, 2012
1st off hit the thanks button on my replys lol.:D

2nd and your using the advanced hack kit? If you are and which if you have not already Uninstall the Htc Sync drivers do so what else is happening you said that your having issues on rooting like what are the issues, is it that its not connecting to your pc? I thought you had root on your phone?

i did uninstall htc sync, i installed the drivers that came with the hack kit, no i havent rooted my phone yet i want to but its not letting me, my phone wasnt connecting with one of my pc. when i open hack-ace it tells me

Ace Advanced Hack Kit

attn1 2011/2012
portions of Windows script by shad0wf0x
Goldcard integration courtesy of Revskills and Genepoole

Killing HTC Sync process if it exists...
Clobbering some bad actor services if they exist.....

SERVICE_NAME: Apple Mobile Device
TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
STATE : 1 STOPPED
(NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
CHECKPOINT : 0x0
WAIT_HINT : 0x0

SERVICE_NAME: Bonjour Service
TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
STATE : 3 STOP_PENDING
(STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
WAIT_HINT : 0x1388

SERVICE_NAME: wscsvc
TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
STATE : 3 STOP_PENDING
(STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
WAIT_HINT : 0xea60

Check adb connectivity
shad0wfox 04/2011

***ERROR ERROR ERROR***
Phone not plugged in
OR
Driver not installed
OR
USB Debugging not enabled.
***ERROR ERROR ERROR***

Press any key to continue . . .

phone is plugged in, i installed the drivers that came with the hack kit also installed updated drivers from the htc website and i have usb debugging enabled

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
Damn, well friend I would get on that irc channel and see what the others say about all this..

And I'm sure you read all that info about the hack kit..

Episodes

May 22, 2012
That's cool what was causing the issue

i was using front usb port instead of the rear ones
now i seem to get this on rom manager "an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands"
then when i go to update super user binary it crashes:( it wont prompt if i want to deny app:confused:

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
i was using front usb port instead of the rear ones
now i seem to get this on rom manager "an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands"
then when i go to update super user binary it crashes:( it wont prompt if i want to deny app:confused:

So you got root now then?? Or its giving you that error when your trying to root it.

O and btw once you get it going don't install roms from Rom manager but that's a different story

Doughboyzilla

Jun 22, 2007
chicago
sd card pin?

ok i fixed the problem where my sdcard wasnt mounting, problem was when i dissasemble the phone the pin was off, but now its working.
i have uninstalled/installed drivers back and forth and nothing connect with htc only,charge only,tethering, nothing still also changed usb. when i turn phone off and have it in htc sync it gives me usb connecting is not functioning well

Hi I am also having a similar problem..after replacing digitizer my phone won't read my SD card. Where is this pin that you said was disconnected? Hopefully that will resolve issue...thanks in advance..

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
?

ok..heres a dumb question..well, maybe... if u go to advanced and it says unmounted...is it unmounted or not? or if it says mount is it mounted? in other words, whatever the screen says that its on, is what is on , right? cuz i did just that, and its still not recognizing my sd card.

prestybear

Dec 12, 2012
Same Problem

What do you mean by the pin was off?

Emjay1519

Apr 2, 2016
How did you fix the sd card problem because I'm still having the same problem all of my options are shaded grey.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So your phone is the only one that your pc is not detecting it?

Did you uninstall any drivers did you do any stock os update?

If you do have the drivers from HTC inspire try uninstall them and re install them.

Sounds crazy are you by chance pluging your that isn't working in the same USB port try another port

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-inspire-4g/100613-htc-inspire-cant-connect-pc-help.html

Give that a shot it could be just a bad cable its has a mind of its own, wants to work when it want to work..