FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Replacement digitizer/LCD and housing

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By stumark, Member on 5th May 2014, 10:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th March 2016, 04:47 PM |#11  
Saf98's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ??<
Thanks Meter: 145
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1000i

I replaced my LCD + housing + battery + an updated Camera with no purple, and purchase them from http://www.aliexpress.com/

Did you replace yourself?
 
 
30th March 2016, 07:26 PM |#12  
w1000i's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jubail Ind
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saf98

Did you replace yourself?

Yes, i did it my self and if you going to replace the lcd you shouldn't be worry much

my recommendation it to remove the SIM stick first then, start to insert the tool between the upper lip of the SIM port and the Black lcd frame
then start to pop out the lcd from the the back cover BY moving the tool around the phone.

the bottom speaker grill can be removed easily, but the upper one has a screw from inside from the left side only.


you will find some youtube video, but my recomendation to start from the upper lip of the SIM port
The Following User Says Thank You to w1000i For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift w1000i Ad-Free
1st April 2016, 05:03 PM |#13  
Saf98's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ??<
Thanks Meter: 145
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1000i

Yes, i did it my self and if you going to replace the lcd you shouldn't be worry much

my recommendation it to remove the SIM stick first then, start to insert the tool between the upper lip of the SIM port and the Black lcd frame
then start to pop out the lcd from the the back cover BY moving the tool around the phone.

the bottom speaker grill can be removed easily, but the upper one has a screw from inside from the left side only.


you will find some youtube video, but my recomendation to start from the upper lip of the SIM port

I think you should remove the sim slot first. I messed up mine trying to take out the back case and also messed up the volume up button.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA-Developers mobile app
3rd April 2016, 01:01 AM |#14  
Senior Member
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1000i

Yes, i did it my self and if you going to replace the lcd you shouldn't be worry much

my recommendation it to remove the SIM stick first then, start to insert the tool between the upper lip of the SIM port and the Black lcd frame
then start to pop out the lcd from the the back cover BY moving the tool around the phone.

the bottom speaker grill can be removed easily, but the upper one has a screw from inside from the left side only.


you will find some youtube video, but my recomendation to start from the upper lip of the SIM port

Is it easy to take apart the lcd from the screen?
4th April 2016, 06:18 PM |#15  
w1000i's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jubail Ind
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioggo92

Is it easy to take apart the lcd from the screen?

Don't even dream to take them apart.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saf98

I think you should remove the sim slot first. I messed up mine trying to take out the back case and also messed up the volume up button.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA-Developers mobile app

I mentioned to start from the sim side not the volume side.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w1000i For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift w1000i Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes