Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit

short answer
if he's on kitkat already, yes
if on lollipop, NO NO NO NO NO

Straight and too the point. I like it. :P
He's on KitKat, so it looks like we're good! Thanks a lot for the quick response.

4th September 2015, 01:32 PM |#212  
Flag Kumasi
Thanks Meter: 339

Donate to Me
More
Latest Firmware, Modem and Bootloader?
Please what is the latest Lollipop Modem and Bootloader for the Verizon S4 Variant? I would like to update to the latest!
12th March 2016, 08:01 AM |#213  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana Ayeh

Please what is the latest Lollipop Modem and Bootloader for the Verizon S4 Variant? I would like to update to the latest!

Anyone? Looking for the latest as well for my Verizon S4.
12th March 2016, 07:56 PM |#214  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana Ayeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synomenon

Anyone? Looking for the latest as well for my Verizon S4.

The latest one is for lolipop. If you want lolipop, but are still on kitkat, I'd suggest going with a ROM rather than OTA.
30th March 2016, 05:53 PM |#215  
Flag malang
Thanks Meter: 12

More
How to downgrade nc5 to mdk..please
7th April 2016, 12:38 AM |#216  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
My coworker has a verizon S4 and has never rooted it or not it in any way. I have flashed with Odin on my S3 and S5, so I thought I might be able to help him. He took a recent OTA and the battery died in the middle. He had issues with it getting stuck during boot and having to turn it off and on until it finally loaded. I'm not sure what version he is on but he said the failed update happened 6 months ago. I can get it into download mode but it will no longer boot up and it has an unlocked logo on the screen that constantly reboots . Will these restore files work for him, or does he have something (bootloader?) locked? I know with my S5 that if I take a certain update I can no longer downgrade, but I still have access to a restore point for a newer veraion.

So basically he does not care about being rooted, will this restore work? Thanks!
7th April 2016, 12:20 PM |#217  
Flag Gillette
Thanks Meter: 136

More
You will need to find out what boot loader it's on. I believe you can find out in download mode in the small lettering. You probably need a magnify glass. You have to use the appropriate tar for bootloader. It probably has a locked bootloader especially since it's been updated. Only the original Mdk bootloader was unlock able.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, factory tar, kies, odin, sch-i545

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)