Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] MobileIron Sucks, or, conincidence?

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
By JPMontana, Junior Member on 15th April 2014, 06:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

A few weeks ago, my work required us to install MobileIron. Hesitantly, I complied. I'm happy to say that overall, I guess it's been okay. Do I like that I can't save attachments on my rooted Galaxy S4? No.

But I soon realized just how much MobileIron sucks. My camera still works, but the camcorder does not. When I launch the camera and then click the camcorder button, my phone locks up for about 8 seconds, and then I get the message: Warning Camera Failed. Seriously? Is this is a coincidence that my camcorder fails now that MobileIron is installed? I hardly think so.

Today I called MobileIron support, and just flat out asked the first guy that answered whether it's possible to disable the video camera on Android phones. I told him I was evaluating the product. He put me on hold for about minutes, and then said, "Yes, you can disable the video camera as long as it's on a Samsung SAFE device." My Galaxy S4 is one of their "SAFE" devices, so perhaps that's what our IT MobileIron administrator did. I don't really want to ask, as doing so would draw attention.

Does anyone know of a workaround to get my camera working again? I tried all of the silly little anecdotes for the "camera failed" message I found on the Internet: restarting five times, clearing cache, etc. Nothing works. I'm pretty sure this has to do with MobileIron.

Thank you!
7th April 2016, 03:45 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0
Our company made the switch from GOOD to Mobil Iron en masse. No one likes it. Very bizarre in terms of reliability, slow ( every folder refreshes when opened, meaning long delays EVERY time), and messages may or may not fully appear when opened. Ourexecs thought they could save a few bucks but now they are pissed too. Can't wait to unload this app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

camcorder, camera, galaxy s4, mobileiron

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread