Originally Posted by xasiork
S-OFF and rooted by revolutionary
As i describe, phone is in bootloop and both of the volume keys are not working. I can't get into CWM. I tried fastboot but, i can't do anything in there because of broken buttons. How can i save the phone?
Here is the fastboot screen
bravo pvt-4 ship s-off
aug 10 2010,17:52:18
Strange, why it is in bootloop, were you doing anything at the time?
A few things I can think of:
- Repair your volume buttons, look for a youtube guide. It's useful to have your volume buttons working anyway.
- If you don't want to hardware fix, I think you could potentially try fastboot commands to flash 4EXT recovery. CWM is useless as you can't navigate inside CWM with broken volume keys, and 4EXT is better anyway e.g. for partitioning sd card.
- Setup adb and fastboot
, and flash the 4ext recovery.img using fastboot. (Get into fastboot by "back+power")
- Try to boot into recovery with by forcing a reboot: "fastboot reboot-bootloader" to get back to bootloader screen
- Press power to select "reboot", or try your luck again volume key to get to recovery.
- Then "adb reboot recovery" no guarantee this will work as never tried it.
- If you get to recovery, make a nandroid backup. Then try to reflash the ROM without wiping anything, see if it boots.
- Last resort is to flash an RUU and s-off again to get it booting, but the volume button issue will remain.
Eventually if you install mildwild or similar ROM again, it's best to flash the ROM on a smaller hboot, as you're still on stock hboot and wasting a lot of space.