[MOD][T111]Floating Multi Windows[ROOT]

Search This thread

unclefab

Jun 23, 2012
What about minimizable, maximizable, resizable floating multi windows on your Tab?
Interested?

DISCLAIMER

I'm not responsible for anything that may happen, your Tab, your responsability . The mod works fine but one never knows, so make sure you have a Nandroid backup in case.

I made this mod for my girlfriend's S111 and it has only be tested on that model, but I'm pretty sure that it works as well on s110 and other 7 inches variants. It may work on 8 in and 10 in variants, and in any case trying won't brick your phone
If you do try please report here if it works.
It should work on both odexed and deodexed ROMs.

REQUIREMENTS

A rooted Tab and a root browser.

SCREENSHOTS

I don't have any, but have a look there, it will give you an idea:

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2549794

INSTALLATION

Download the attachment, but DO NOT flash it!
Unzip it, manually copy the 4 xmls to your /system/etc/permissions folder, set perms to rw, r, r (644), reboot.

NOT ALL YOUR APPS DISPLAY IN FLOATING MODE?

When, and if, I have time I'll mod some jars to enable all apps to open in Multi Windows mode, but for now you can install either Samsung Multi Windows Manager from the play store (free);
or better, Xposed Installer and MW Apps Manager (cuz with MW Apps Manager you can set the minimum size you want for your apps, not to mention all the other benefits one can get with the fabulous Xposed Installer).

HOW TO USE THE MOD

Enable Multi Windows from your quick settings.
Launch any app from the flash bar (the bar on the side from where Multi Windows are launched), it will open in Floating Mode.
You will notice 3 buttons, minimize, maximize and close, and you can drag the window anywhere on the screen by dragging its upper left side.You can resize it too, from the sides.
When an app has been minimized it becomes a small bar that you can drag anywhere, double tap it to maximize the window again.

UPDATES?

Maybe, if I have time, but no ETA

Enjoy!

Last edited:

dedichthui

Oct 31, 2010
What about minimizable, maximizable, resizable floating multi windows on your Tab?
Interested?

DISCLAIMER

I'm not responsible for anything that may happen, your Tab, your responsability . The mod works fine but one never knows, so make sure you have a Nandroid backup in case.

I made this mod for my girlfriend's S111 and it has only be tested on that model, but I'm pretty sure that it works as well on s110 and other 7 inches variants. It may work on 8 in and 10 in variants, and in any case trying won't brick your phone:silly:

REQUIREMENTS

SCREENSHOTS

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2549794

INSTALLATION

Unzip it, manually copy the 4 xmls to your /system/etc/permissions folder, set perms to rw, r, r (644), reboot.

When, and if, I have time I'll mod some jars to enable all apps to open in Multi Windows mode, but for now you can install either Samsung Multi Windows Manager from the play store (free);
or better, Xposed Installer and MW Apps Manager (cuz with MW Apps Manager you can set the minimum size you want for your apps, not to mention all the other benefits one can get with the fabulous Xposed Installer).

HOW TO USE THE MOD

Launch any app from the flash bar (the bar on the side from where Multi Windows are launched), it will open in Floating Mode.
You will notice 3 buttons, minimize, maximize and close, and you can drag the window anywhere on the screen by dragging its upper left side.You can resize it too, from the sides.
When an app has been minimized it becomes a small bar that you can drag anywhere, double tap it to maximize the window again.

UPDATES?

Maybe, if I have time, but no ETA:eek:

Enjoy!:p

Absolutely ...not works. Not buton multi Windows on quick settings. Intel chip diference SS chip, cannot be shared:(

Last edited:

Snow_Ghost

Jan 26, 2014
Ottawa
Interested?

DISCLAIMER

I made this mod for my girlfriend's S111 and it has only be tested on that model, but I'm pretty sure that it works as well on s110 and other 7 inches variants. It may work on 8 in and 10 in variants, and in any case trying won't brick your phone

REQUIREMENTS

SCREENSHOTS

INSTALLATION

HOW TO USE THE MOD

UPDATES?

Enjoy!

This worked great on my SM-T330NU (Tab 4. 8) back when I was on 4.4.2. It worked so good that I had to see if it would work after I updated to 5.1.1... Guess what?... It worked perfect. Just as it did on 4.4.2 So I am confirming that this still works on the same Tab, on 5.1.1 Lollipop

X-weApon-X

Dec 4, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
I'd like to try this but I don't see any downloadable files, not showing up in the xda app.

Tapatalk is not accepting my password...

Sent from my SM-T217S

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Interested?

DISCLAIMER

REQUIREMENTS

SCREENSHOTS

INSTALLATION

HOW TO USE THE MOD

UPDATES?

Enjoy!