Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,640 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GPS problems... last try to solve..

Tip us?

whistler4ever
Old
(Last edited by whistler4ever; 19th December 2009 at 06:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by _crAss_ View Post
When I first got my Touch Pro I was very disappointed with the gps support (well I was disappointed with almost everything). After numerous tests I have a combination that proves to be almost perfect.
1. I run the latest Shep rom (but I guess the GPS functionality is not closely connected with the rom)
2. I have radio 1.14.25.35 installed
3. I have the rilphone.dll from radio version 1.12.25.19
4. I have applied the GPS fix from the official HTC site

After these 4 moves I get a gps fix from cold boot in less than 30 seconds and sometimes it is even less than that.
The only small problem I still have is that if I am doing more than a 100 km/h on a high way I get a 2-300 meter lag. This lag stays almost the same up to 160-180 km/h. In lower speeds I do not face this problem. This lag I have figured also has to do with the port speed settings and I need to do some more testing with Destinator and iGO to determine the optimum setting. Most of the times I use the gps is for navigating down town where the speeds are low and so the problem isn't visible.

Since I am mentioning radios and rilphones I have to say that this combination also gives me the best signal reception and the battery usage is also low.
I've tried this method with NRG's EnergyRom, same radio, same rilphone. And all that my GPSTest does is in the attached pic. It just sits there changing the satellite numbers, but never getting any green or yellow bars.
Any tips or hints?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 12 18_18 11 53_0005_111g.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	258348  

secc123
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKTA View Post
Hello everybody.

I just adquired Raphael from ebay and was having the same problem.
Or i did, all solutions provided are correct but for this particular problem they are not.

The procedure to solve this is this webpage:
http://eduardoarruda.wordpress.com/2...htc-touch-pro/

Hey NKTA, just tried this on my TP - works perfectly!!!
I have never got a signal indoors, did this procedure ad its locked (from cold) in about 6 seconds!
Many Thanks
Secc
----------------------
HTC Touch Pro
----------------------
Download My Raphael osKitchen + Manila 2016 Build 24620 here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=753821

NKTA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wink Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by secc123 View Post
Hey NKTA, just tried this on my TP - works perfectly!!!
I have never got a signal indoors, did this procedure ad its locked (from cold) in about 6 seconds!
Many Thanks
Secc
Glad it worked for you, but there seems some other suffers from different factors.

To make sure its available to all:

Here's a PTB or PT version...

Here's an English version...

If HTC TP (or Raphael ) having problems in locking satellite, try this fix to see if it works. Remember also to update quickGps since it speeds up the locking procedure.

BR
One little piggy went to buy an android phone. Another little piggy went to buy and IOS phone. The third little piggy went to buy a Windows Phone !
Which one was the smartest ?

The most difficult thing to answer ?

1 + 1 = ?