FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

GPS problems... last try to solve..

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By 123talis, Junior Member on 29th October 2009, 10:14 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th December 2009, 12:17 AM |#21  
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _crAss_

When I first got my Touch Pro I was very disappointed with the gps support (well I was disappointed with almost everything). After numerous tests I have a combination that proves to be almost perfect.
1. I run the latest Shep rom (but I guess the GPS functionality is not closely connected with the rom)
2. I have radio 1.14.25.35 installed
3. I have the rilphone.dll from radio version 1.12.25.19
4. I have applied the GPS fix from the official HTC site

After these 4 moves I get a gps fix from cold boot in less than 30 seconds and sometimes it is even less than that.
The only small problem I still have is that if I am doing more than a 100 km/h on a high way I get a 2-300 meter lag. This lag stays almost the same up to 160-180 km/h. In lower speeds I do not face this problem. This lag I have figured also has to do with the port speed settings and I need to do some more testing with Destinator and iGO to determine the optimum setting. Most of the times I use the gps is for navigating down town where the speeds are low and so the problem isn't visible.

Since I am mentioning radios and rilphones I have to say that this combination also gives me the best signal reception and the battery usage is also low.

I've tried this method with NRG's EnergyRom, same radio, same rilphone. And all that my GPSTest does is in the attached pic. It just sits there changing the satellite numbers, but never getting any green or yellow bars.
Any tips or hints?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 12 18_18 11 53_0005_111g.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	258348  
Last edited by whistler4ever; 19th December 2009 at 06:57 PM.
 
 
1st May 2010, 06:08 PM |#22  
secc123's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thanks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKTA

Hello everybody.

I just adquired Raphael from ebay and was having the same problem.
Or i did, all solutions provided are correct but for this particular problem they are not.

The procedure to solve this is this webpage:
http://eduardoarruda.wordpress.com/2...htc-touch-pro/

.

Hey NKTA, just tried this on my TP - works perfectly!!!
I have never got a signal indoors, did this procedure ad its locked (from cold) in about 6 seconds!
Many Thanks
Secc
29th May 2010, 06:51 PM |#23  
Member
Flag Vila Real
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Wink Thank You
Quote:
Originally Posted by secc123

Hey NKTA, just tried this on my TP - works perfectly!!!
I have never got a signal indoors, did this procedure ad its locked (from cold) in about 6 seconds!
Many Thanks
Secc

Glad it worked for you, but there seems some other suffers from different factors.

To make sure its available to all:

Here's a PTB or PT version...


Here's an English version...

If HTC TP (or Raphael ) having problems in locking satellite, try this fix to see if it works. Remember also to update quickGps since it speeds up the locking procedure.

BR
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes