[HOW TO] Native hotspot without root NC5D & maybe others

794 posts
Thanks Meter: 773

By idone, Senior Member on 27th June 2014, 03:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th March 2016, 01:48 PM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I flashed my Note 3 back to stock, using OK2 Lollipop. The menu has changed and I do not see the lte apns option in the menu. Does this method still work? If so, what are the new steps?

22nd March 2016, 10:55 AM |#132  
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 25

More
same
Quote:
Originally Posted by darealdoomer

I flashed my Note 3 back to stock, using OK2 Lollipop. The menu has changed and I do not see the lte apns option in the menu. Does this method still work? If so, what are the new steps?

I am in the same boat. Wifi tether router works for me but even though would like to have native one.
Have you tried replacing telephony.db in OP with original one ?

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by idone

On current s3 and note 3 msl no longer opens apns editable (I don't have an s5 to see if the same was done)
To bypass this you need root to change sales code, but if you have root you might as well use the app.

Either way if msl no longer opens your s5's apns, root will be needed to enable hotspot.

Hello
What should be entered in Sales code ? Please advise
22nd March 2016, 05:47 PM |#133  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipsy6

Have you tried replacing telephony.db in OP with original one ?

I tried this after I got lollipop, and it caused the system to force close, requiring me to restore the original file from recovery (twrp file browser) to use my phone again.

I would like to see an updated file that will work on lollipop.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greaper88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Greaper88 Ad-Free
24th March 2016, 02:09 PM |#134  
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Same happened
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greaper88

I tried this after I got lollipop, and it caused the system to force close, requiring me to restore the original file from recovery (twrp file browser) to use my phone again.

I would like to see an updated file that will work on lollipop.

Before I see your reply I did it and same happened to me. But I just deleted OP file and renamed original file. and worked fine for me. As I haven't recovery installed it was necessary to try this and it saved my time and efforts. I hope @idone or someone may provide file for LP 5.0
20th April 2016, 01:18 PM |#135  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I did this on the S7 edge worked great, and I didn't read up on it and updated prl and profile, now it's not working and apn files are all gray and I can not edit them anymore . Does anyone have a fix or another method wo rooting phone?

Sent from my SM-G935P using XDA Free mobile app
4th July 2016, 05:53 PM |#136  
Flag Minneapolis, MN, USA
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrio

I did this on the S7 edge worked great, and I didn't read up on it and updated prl and profile, now it's not working and apn files are all gray and I can not edit them anymore . Does anyone have a fix or another method wo rooting phone?

Sent from my SM-G935P using XDA Free mobile app

Same for me, on my Note 3, Note 4, and my wife's S6.

Any ideas? Help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)