[Q] [HELP] LG G2 (Not Rooted) Screen Jitters after updating KitKat

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By benz23, Junior Member on 19th May 2014, 07:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd April 2016, 08:22 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 196

More
ohh man im now getting it too! never had it (have the phone since launch so 2.5 years) D802 on 30b and dori kernel)

please tell me guys what can i do? what to replace/fix exactly. il try do it myself not a lab (too much money)

also noticed when rebooting (lg logo) sometimes i can see white/noise line maybe 10 pixel thick at the bottom.

5th April 2016, 11:07 PM |#52  

More
anyone..?
6th April 2016, 01:22 AM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have a tmobile lg g2 and my screen kept jerking but it was due to the touch it will click on stuff while all i was doing was trying to scroll. My fix? I went to the hidden menu and updated touch. For hidden menu go to 3845#*801# on the dial pad but replace 801 for your model number mine is d801 so i use 801 so letters not included once u go there theres all kinds of test n things that might fix or calibrate your phone
6th April 2016, 09:57 AM |#54  

More
ya already tries that, and other tests. nothing helped
21st April 2016, 08:07 AM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
It fixed it temporarily and then it started again .... Sorry bro.. They did it so we can get the lg g5 sneaky bast*rds
21st April 2016, 05:59 PM |#56  

More
exactly, planned obsolescence
The Following User Says Thank You to OT-Xtreme For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OT-Xtreme Ad-Free
18th October 2016, 08:44 PM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Switched it off for a while. Turned on everythinh was fine for 10 minutes until it started but not too much. Then I played color switch xD and everything was fine in the game but the screen started shaking outside the game ao I kept playing color switch and eeverything is fine for many hours now...
22nd October 2016, 04:29 PM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
OP, this screen jitters, flickering, whitelines etc are common issue in G2 models.

this is caused due to a hardware issue, your software is working fine.

you need to replace the "EMI Filter" of your G2 with a new one.
with some times of use this gets loose or malfunctions, due to which screen starts jittering/flickering. but your display is intact, no need to spend money on getting display replaced, or digitizer replaced or software tweaks etc. just get your EMI filter changed and your display will work fine.
22nd October 2016, 04:57 PM |#59  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshisnotMellow

OP, this screen jitters, flickering, whitelines etc are common issue in G2 models.

this is caused due to a hardware issue, your software is working fine.

you need to replace the "EMI Filter" of your G2 with a new one.
with some times of use this gets loose or malfunctions, due to which screen starts jittering/flickering. but your display is intact, no need to spend money on getting display replaced, or digitizer replaced or software tweaks etc. just get your EMI filter changed and your display will work fine.

hey, from where to buy them? can't find anywhere please help (also where those are placed in the motherboard exactly?)

if someone could please write a good guide it wil be amazing cause to take it to a lab will cost way to much
22nd October 2016, 06:38 PM |#60  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OT-Xtreme

hey, from where to buy them? can't find anywhere please help (also where those are placed in the motherboard exactly?)

if someone could please write a good guide it wil be amazing cause to take it to a lab will cost way to much

Its located near the charging port, you can access it by removing the lower back panel of your G2.
but keep in mind that its very delicate process, if you aren't well versed in repairing than its better to give it to LG repair centre and tell them exactly what you want to get replaced in your phone. Or you can go to any other trusted technician that will do what you say. Otherwise if you give it to any random technician, they will produce 100 more issues in your hardware except the one that you have and your phone wont fix.

ill give you a link for a post where its written what to sold on the LCD lines. but dont do it if you dont know what you are doing yourself. the connections are really small, so you can actually ruin the the connection eventually leading to no display.

http ://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f494/lg-g2-d802-flicker-solution-need-help-1905072/index2.html

just remove the gap after http of link.

also there are video links / google links for how to do it, you just need to find it, like diamond in coal. (search for " emi filter lg g2"

this is what it looks like after fix : refer to attached image, that long processor you see, the last few connection on both sides, those have to be fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oZq0d7.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	3912020  
The Following User Says Thank You to MarshisnotMellow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MarshisnotMellow Ad-Free
22nd October 2016, 06:49 PM |#61  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OT-Xtreme

or check this for better understanding of what you have to do in there :

http ://karthickcellservice15.blogspot.in/2016/06/lg-g2-screen-flicker-solution-100.html?m=1

remove the gap after http for link.

theres a pic in there to understand.
The Following User Says Thank You to MarshisnotMellow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MarshisnotMellow Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)