Thanks Meter: 23

By jljaries42@gmail.com, Member on 30th June 2014, 03:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th April 2016, 07:29 PM |#61  
Flag Lexington
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Amazon system recovery <3e>
I'm having this same exact issue with mine. My 1st Gen FireTV was working in the morning, but after coming back to it in the afternoon, it now just boots to the black screen with red text that says Amazon system recovery 3e.

Amazon support has been less than helpful, and all attempts to resolve the issue have been unsuccessful. As of right now, it appears to be bricked, but there doesn't seem to be any way to restore the firmware in this state (it just boots directly to the error message after flashing the white Amazon logo onscreen for a few seconds). Pressing back and right on the remote (Amazon's only trouble shooting step, aside from changing my HDMI cable?!?) and the ALT+PrtScr+I to get to recover mode don't seem to be working. I've had devices bricked by updates before, but this is the first time I've had support tell me that a botched update isn't covered by the terms of the warranty.

30th April 2016, 07:07 PM |#62  
Flag Pendleton
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
I end up with the same screen as mrbracht posted a screenshot of on my 2nd gen Fire TV. I just want to do a factory reset o my fire TV but every way I have tried fails. I cannot do it from the settings menu/ systems/ Reset to Factory Defaults, I just get a dimmed screen when I select it, not the buttons that are supposed to confirm it. I also get no menu under settings/My Account. Amazon support is worthless, I finally got them send me another Fire TV and it does the exact same thing, almost as if there is something in my settings that is automatically transferred to the new device by my amazon account.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)