189 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By joefuf, Senior Member on 3rd June 2014, 12:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd January 2016, 03:13 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
So I doubt anybody else on Earth uses this phone anymore, much less this keyboard configuration, but overlooking that existentialism, I spent my morning making a .zip of the keyboard for CM13 Android Marshmallow. Everything works the same as with CM11, which is where I started this project. For some reason, the emoji keyboard pops out when you hit what's labeled the Shift key, but what I changed to the Alt key. Not a terrible nuisance, but maybe someone knows a solution. It's a great layout, especially the reintroduction of the Alt key, which can be clicked and combined with backspace to delete a whole line, good for those late night texts you should really think twice about before sending, or normal days.

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Droid 4 CM13 Keyboard ALT 2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (156.9 KB, 8 views)

3rd May 2016, 06:05 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
I don't recall this last post worked correctly, so I edited the Generic.kcm, qwerty.kl, and Generic.kl files which also required that I reassign the Caps Lock key (Key 222) and Shift Key (Key 42).

Then I had the same issue that I had when I tried this back in January where the emoji keyboard popped out when I hit the ALT key, now the Shift Key. All I had to do was disable that feature in Advanced and I was good to go.

The working file is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Droid 4 CM13 Keyboard ALT 3 - WORKING.zip - [Click for QR Code] (163.5 KB, 8 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)