FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Can't boot into Recovery, Bootloader, Download, or Fastboot! Why?

48 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By vwnut13, Member on 23rd June 2014, 06:09 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th February 2016, 08:11 PM |#341  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibub

Twrp backup is not the same as a flashable zip. To RESTORE a backup, you must use the RESTORE function. If you are attempting to restore a backup from another phone, then you first need to make a small backup with the phone that you wish to add the backup to. This will create the proper folder name within the twrp backup folder. So it will look like: TWRP/BACKUPS/ lgl34cabc123xyz, or something similar. The last folder name has a different code on the end for each individual phone, so this is necessary. Then place your backup inside of that folder, reboot to recovery, choose restore, select your backup, and restore it.

Yeah, I found that out from http://androidforums.com/threads/ver...backup.654751/ but, I forgot to post it here..

It would be nice if TWRP didn't work like that or at least gave the option to disable it. Would've saved me a lot of time..

8th February 2016, 01:38 AM |#342  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Samsung Galaxy Ace Style SM-S765C Firmware & CSC for odin
Hey bub just thought i would share, I have the firmware and csc which is ready for flash through odin I think maybe it could help alot of folks that have bricks on this thing and hopefully spark a bit of interest in continuing to get the bootloader unlocked on these now that they can actually save their device. I am currently uploading to my drop box so it may take a little bit but they will be available from the following links.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpnqot9fmf...T.tar.md5?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkgy0lreat...T.tar.md5?dl=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibub

@toxinburn
SOURCE CODE:
https://www.lg.com/global/support/op...E&search=l34c+

Edit: Maybe can modify kernel to disable dm verity, so as to allow modifications. Complete source may, or may not contain bootloader. We'll see. Downloading now (although my 32bit machine won't compile it).

Edit 2:
All that source is the kernel and proprietaries (vendor, external, etc.). But may gain some insight before download of full kitkat source. We'll see.

sent from my towelrooted LG L34C using tapatalk

Last edited by toxinburn; 8th February 2016 at 02:54 AM.
8th February 2016, 02:48 AM |#343  
Flag Louisville,Ky
Thanks Meter: 1,489

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxinburn

Hey bub just thought i would share, I have the firmware and csc which is ready for flash through odin, I think maybe it could help alot of folks that have bricks on this thing and hopefully spark a bit of interest in continuing to get the bootloader unlocked on these now that they can actually save their device. I am currently uploading to my drop box so it may take a little bit but they will be available from the following links.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpnqot9fmf...T.tar.md5?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkgy0lreat...T.tar.md5?dl=0

Cool, thanks brother. I didn't know that you could use Odin on an LG device. And I've never had a Samsung, so I've never used it. But if you say that it works, then that's good enough for me. Wish I had this 3 weeks ago when my daily died. Although after a while I couldn't even use it as a charger, so I think the hardware might have been cooked. So now my test device is my daily, and I trashed the other. Might look into acquiring another (if I can find a cheap one).
8th February 2016, 02:56 AM |#344  

More
Oh dang i forgot Odin won't work on a lg lmao...but that is the firmware for Samsung galaxy ace style so it works for that.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

I guess their is some confusion but if you need firmware for a specific device lemme know I can get some for LG too

Last edited by toxinburn; 8th February 2016 at 02:53 AM.
11th February 2016, 02:46 AM |#345  
Flag Louisville,Ky
Thanks Meter: 1,489

More
@toxinburn
Well I guess that this thread is not necessarily specific to ANY device, even though it's history is pretty much all about the Fuel.
12th February 2016, 02:53 PM |#346  
Flag Walk -n- Dont walk
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Well hello strangers!!!!

I figured Id'e bust out the old fuel again because i just knew ya'all was missing me like crazy in this thread. =) NOT!!!

Anyway, nothing has changed here, still in a bootloop, can't ADB, can't get it to boot to anything but bootloop with any key combination..... Am I really still tinkering with this thing ?.... really ??? =)

Good to see everyone...... Missed yun's!... kinda =)
The Following User Says Thank You to rb2tfm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rb2tfm Ad-Free
17th February 2016, 08:35 AM |#347  

More
Well i am getting octoplus box tomorrow if you reallllly need something fixed I can maybe help if you want to send it in for me to revive

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toxinburn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toxinburn Ad-Free
1st March 2016, 08:07 AM |#348  
Flag Walk -n- Dont walk
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxinburn

Well i am getting octoplus box tomorrow if you reallllly need something fixed I can maybe help if you want to send it in for me to revive

Hey appreciate the offer! Thank You.

I'm going to shoot ya a pm. =)
3rd May 2016, 06:27 AM |#349  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I've had my Fuel for about a year and it randomly died 3 weeks ago. It shows the LG logo for a few seconds, but instead of continuing to the blue tracfone screen, the backlight dims and then the screen goes black, whilst the LED cycles colors. It continues to have a black screen (no backlight) and LED color cycling indefinitely. I've tried numerous reboots, USB/battery combinations, and button combinations but haven't gotten anything different. This started after a reboot (which I've read can be problematic for these devices).

Any ideas? It is recognized via USB as an LG device but isn't shown in adb devices (I never enabled USB debugging..).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)