FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT] Saferoot: VZW SCH-I435 (& others), no Kingo, will NOT trip KNOX (0x0)

90 posts
Thanks Meter: 53
 
By postal302, Member on 15th January 2014, 04:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th October 2014, 01:16 AM |#141  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello, I've googled a bit and I'm finding nothing on how to flash the KOT49H S4 mini from verizon. I tried the root method listed in the first post but it said my kernel was patched. Is this the end of the line for me or is there an alternative that works? I saw another method that required firmware images but it looked like that was for a different version of the S4 mini and not the i435 from Verizon.
 
 
12th October 2014, 01:04 PM |#142  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRB01

I tried the root method listed in the first post but it said my kernel was patched. Is this the end of the line for me or is there an alternative that works? I saw another method that required firmware images but it looked like that was for a different version of the S4 mini and not the i435 from Verizon.

I was (and currently am) on KOT49H, for my i435. I used towelroot, and it was painless.
16th December 2014, 07:04 AM |#143  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Is there presently a way to re-root or keep root after updating to the newly-available 5.0 or 5.0.1 update OTA or through Kies?
16th December 2014, 09:21 PM |#144  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:

Originally Posted by: AbanadonedFace

Is there presently a way to re-root or keep root after updating to the newly-available 5.0 or 5.0.1 update OTA or through Kies?

I'm looking at my TowelRooted VZW SCH-I435 (4.4.2) (kernal version 3.4.0 dpi@SWDD3013 #1 Fri May 23 23:07:04 KST 2014) (build number KOT49H.I435VRUBNE1) with NOX still intact as it constantly spams you have updates available over and over refusing to let me do much of anything but update ... but I don't wish to lose my root... I'd rather it be outdated and rooted then lose all my functionality .... what should I do? fight past all the popups? .. or just give in? Has someone figured something out?

Will TowelRoot still work after the update? Can it be reapplied after update and still succeed?

I just got this phone not too long ago .. it replaced my Galaxy S 1 (fascinate) that i kept rooted and rom'd for years ( Thank you XDA Community! )
20th December 2014, 10:57 AM |#145  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by override1984

I'm looking at my TowelRooted VZW SCH-I435 (4.4.2) (kernal version 3.4.0 dpi@SWDD3013 #1 Fri May 23 23:07:04 KST 2014) (build number KOT49H.I435VRUBNE1) with NOX still intact as it constantly spams you have updates available over and over refusing to let me do much of anything but update ... but I don't wish to lose my root... I'd rather it be outdated and rooted then lose all my functionality .... what should I do? fight past all the popups? .. or just give in? Has someone figured something out?

Will TowelRoot still work after the update? Can it be reapplied after update and still succeed?

I just got this phone not too long ago .. it replaced my Galaxy S 1 (fascinate) that i kept rooted and rom'd for years ( Thank you XDA Community! )

What I did for the moment is used a free app called App Quarantine to freeze the "SDM" process. I had to go to the menu and check an option allowing system processes to be shown in the list. No more update notifications.

God damn do I hate VZW and Samsung after trying to do stuff with this phone. Everything is closed off. Can't even use the device as mass storage. None of the ROMs are ever available for the SCH-i435, it's always the other carriers' models of the phone. Will not ever be renewing a Verizon Wireless contract as long as I live.
Last edited by AbanadonedFace; 20th December 2014 at 11:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AbanadonedFace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AbanadonedFace Ad-Free
20th December 2014, 05:58 PM |#146  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbanadonedFace

What I did for the moment is used a free app called App Quarantine to freeze the "SDM" process. I had to go to the menu and check an option allowing system processes to be shown in the list. No more update notifications.

God damn do I hate VZW and Samsung after trying to do stuff with this phone. Everything is closed off. Can't even use the device as mass storage. None of the ROMs are ever available for the SCH-i435, it's always the other carriers' models of the phone. Will not ever be renewing a Verizon Wireless contract as long as I live.

Awesome thanks for the tip at least I can use my phone in peace!
4th February 2015, 02:52 PM |#147  
j3grizz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Recovery? ?
Is there a recovery for this phone yet? Sorry ahead of time if this doesn't belong here! I can't seem to find anything!
20th March 2016, 03:23 AM |#148  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbanadonedFace

What I did for the moment is used a free app called App Quarantine to freeze the "SDM" process. I had to go to the menu and check an option allowing system processes to be shown in the list. No more update notifications.

God damn do I hate VZW and Samsung after trying to do stuff with this phone. Everything is closed off. Can't even use the device as mass storage. None of the ROMs are ever available for the SCH-i435, it's always the other carriers' models of the phone. Will not ever be renewing a Verizon Wireless contract as long as I live.

The app you mentioned says it's for rooted phones only......which is what I can't get on this P.O.S. , ROOT.
3rd May 2016, 04:28 PM |#149  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
No Worky for my Phoney...Dang Verizon...
Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S4 mini SCH-I435 Android 4.4.2 Hardware I435.05
config vers..B13.SAM.SCHI435.0

I need this phone Rooted, Can Anyone Please Help.. I have tried every method I have found on XDA Site...
(Except Removing Stock Rom and Applying Custom Rom)

Please Help, Thanks in Advanced..

fyi..Towel Root Failed, Saferoot Failed, i tried many others from google..(Most are phishing sites..)


Quote:
Originally Posted by devinpatterson

I was (and currently am) on KOT49H, for my i435. I used towelroot, and it was painless.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
no knox, root, sch-i435, without kingo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes