You posted before I could edit my post.
---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------
Hey guys, in hoping that someone can help as I'm pulling my hair out over this.
I just got my M8 a couple of days ago.but am experiencing problems with the Wi-Fi download speeds. I've got a 30meg connection at home which is working perfectly fine (I have tested this by running speed tests from multiple devices, including my old HTC One X and my partner's Xperia Z) and they all do the test at maximum speed. The problem is that my new M8 gets results of between 3 and 5mbps on the same speed test (By Ookla). I have not changed any of the settings and don't have any power management apps or anything that's likely to do this.
If I disconnect and reconnect to my router, the speed test results get the expected download speeds for a short while, but then return to the slow ones.
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
I would suggest running the appropriate RUU to clear up everything and get back to stock settings. It's impossible to tell what the previous owner has done to it to cause this without having the device in my hands. RUU would be a quick and easy solution.