Post Reply Email Thread
9th May 2016, 01:29 AM |#21  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 3,058

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcarusLSC

Every phone I've owned in the past few years has shown the same speeds for wifi (35/5 connection shows about 32-33/4). It's the phone.

Yes. I understand now that I have re-read the OP. It is what speedtest is showing and not actual download speeds in action.
You posted before I could edit my post.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork.satan

Hey guys, in hoping that someone can help as I'm pulling my hair out over this.

I just got my M8 a couple of days ago.but am experiencing problems with the Wi-Fi download speeds. I've got a 30meg connection at home which is working perfectly fine (I have tested this by running speed tests from multiple devices, including my old HTC One X and my partner's Xperia Z) and they all do the test at maximum speed. The problem is that my new M8 gets results of between 3 and 5mbps on the same speed test (By Ookla). I have not changed any of the settings and don't have any power management apps or anything that's likely to do this.

If I disconnect and reconnect to my router, the speed test results get the expected download speeds for a short while, but then return to the slow ones.

Any ideas??

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

You just got it? From a resale or new? I'll guess resale here.
I would suggest running the appropriate RUU to clear up everything and get back to stock settings. It's impossible to tell what the previous owner has done to it to cause this without having the device in my hands. RUU would be a quick and easy solution.

9th May 2016, 01:30 AM |#22  
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 1

More
If that was meant for me, the phone is stock...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)