How is your battery life. Please discuss here

Search This thread

high_voltage

Jun 7, 2011
I've noticed from what I've been reading here and AnandTech articles that the disparity between different user's SOT has to do 3 things: the kind of use each one has, the SOC, which can be slightly different in each smartphone, and the battery itself, which can also have differences. Otherwise, how could you explain me not never ever getting mere than 3,5h SOT on my m8, which I bought back in August 2014? Maybe if I change my battery things get better. I have to charge it twice a day now. I'm a heavy user and use 4g mobile date only, with auto brightness with the slider to the right, gps on exact location and Bluetooth always on, connected to my Moto 360.
Well, most likely the 4g is taking it's toll, same as the brighter display. That and ofc how you use your phone and the little things like soc bin.

th3

Apr 13, 2010
UK-KSA-S.E.Asia
I've noticed from what I've been reading here and AnandTech articles that the disparity between different user's SOT has to do 3 things: the kind of use each one has, the SOC, which can be slightly different in each smartphone, and the battery itself, which can also have differences. Otherwise, how could you explain me not never ever getting mere than 3,5h SOT on my m8, which I bought back in August 2014? Maybe if I change my battery things get better. I have to charge it twice a day now. I'm a heavy user and use 4g mobile date only, with auto brightness with the slider to the right, gps on exact location and Bluetooth always on, connected to my Moto 360.
I have never ever gone off review battery life tests - they're only an indication of comparing one to another, but not absolute values.

It's enthusiast end users who really get to understand the OOB (out of box) battery life and the properly, fully setup user battery life.

Sent from HTC 10

Reactions: high_voltage

high_voltage

Jun 7, 2011
I have never ever gone off review battery life tests - they're only an indication of comparing one to another, but not absolute values.

It's enthusiast end users who really get to understand the OOB (out of box) battery life and the properly, fully setup user battery life.

Sent from HTC 10
Correct. How is the 10, btw? As I am planing to get it too. :)

Reactions: th3

Imotep95

Sep 14, 2012
Belgrade
d24b9401dfe5abd039608e99d32029d6.jpg

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: th3 and omer7

th3

Apr 13, 2010
UK-KSA-S.E.Asia
Correct. How is the 10, btw? As I am planing to get it too. :)
OT: my views on it so far aren't particularly good (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=66754607 like this) so I'm being conservative and holding onto it to see if I can find out the ways to make it awesome for myself. As you know, many HTC devices turn out kinda WIP but then become unbeatable. If not, I'll return it and keep the S7e (got both).

Also I'm not sure if my sample is a dud yet, but it's a review sample.

Sent from HTC 10

Reactions: high_voltage

wigga88

Mar 14, 2015
6.0 GPE Blues from lyapota. Stock kernel. No power saving mode. Brightness on about medium. Some greenifying of not often used apps for better sleep and more ram for frequently used apps. GPS on demand (tasker turns it ON/OFF for maps, uber and some other apps that actually need it). No other tweaks.
Kernel? Apps Greenify, NapTime?

maxiordoqui

Aug 18, 2011
dff930171acd00913e3e0a9e799def31.jpg
8fdb593a606ba821e4cb0d9abcb9bbb6.jpg

Can i make it last longer than this ? I noticed that during SOT the battery drains fast

Enviado desde mi móvil a través de Tapatalk!

underboy2008

Apr 29, 2008

I changed between NOS to Vodafone and i can confirme that with Vodafone i have better GSM signal and my battery last twice! Have active brightness , most of the time the bluetooth and not use the saving mode. With NOS operator i got 50% ate half a day, now with Vodafone (Better GSM Signal) i got 50% at night. I will measure and report :)

Okluzhion

Aug 7, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
Hey guys, I recently bought my M8 off Craigslist. It was originally bought a year and a half ago. I had to send it in for a screen repair under warranty because it had some brighter spots in the lower right corner. Prior to that I tested the battery life a bit, and concluded that I could get around 6h of SOT while watching Twitch.
Now after the screen repair In barely getting 3h of SOT and most of the time even less. I'm not sure if I'm just using the phone more now, or if somehow they managed to screw with my battery. The battery life is pretty much the same on the official 6.0 and now on DU 10.2. I don't play games, I have Bluetooth turned on all the time, 1 email sync'd and Location turned off. I mostly only use Relay and Chrome, so basically Internet browsing only. This is extremely disappointing because I bought this phone to perform in the battery department, at least better than my former Redmi Note 2.
Is this a battery issue or software issue?

Sent from my One M8

noobbs2

Feb 23, 2009
My charging port was going bad and I figured I might as well swap out the battery since I'm already opening it up. I decided to upgrade to the M9's 2840mah battery and noticed no improvement, even possibly worse battery life... I wonder if I am the only one that upgraded to a 2840mah battery?

high_voltage

Jun 7, 2011
I'm not 100% sure since I bought it from eBay, but the ad said it was OEM genuine HTC. The battery markings were exactly like my M8's original except the 2840mah marking. I wish I took a side by side picture.
Before how long you put it in the phone? New battery needs a few weeks to develop it's maximum capacity.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Amazing beginning.

So I have been updating my phone lately to 5.1 then SD 1.5.1 mm, SD 1.6.5 and now on SD 1.5 MM.
    In the past, on kitkat I could have 7 hours of on screen time if I would leave my phone screen on in a single shot, which is really good (enough for me).

Since I had moved to lollipop my phone was lasting more than a full 24 hours day but with a maximum of 3.5 to very rarely 4 hours. And still that was enough for me and I was attributing this to Lollipop. Since I moved to Marshmallow, it was even lower, 3 hours of On Screen Time for 24hours+ period. Yesterday I decided to give a shot to the Battery Calibration.
    I charged 2 mins 30 seconds then pressed power + vol down + vol up during 2 and half minutes too while watching reboot a few times. I then let it charge until 100%, I was at 20% at start.

Well since this morning I'm letting my phone screen on and the performances I can see for now are amazing if it holds like this. I'm writing this message from the phone.

Here is my config:
    - Skydragon 1.5 MM
    - xposed with: greenify, amplify, sense toolbox, "this module will run without google play service"
    - Elementalx kernel with no overclock no undervolting and set on performance (not cooler).
    Well you now know everything, I'll keep you posted when it's fully drain. For now here are the current stats (see the attachments)
    Nearly 4 hours Screen On Time in 20 % drain.

Nice, but you know you can take a screenshot with the phone instead of awkwardly taking a shaky cam pic? lol
    A normal human being who uses their smartphone normally with wifi and data and normal brightness and etc with all the apps we humans use on a daily basis, simply can not get an an average screen on time of higher than 3 or 4 hours max. And I am happy with that.

Sure, we can use our HTC one m8 like a piece of brick from the Nokia flip phone days by turning off wifi and data, brightness set to 0.0000001%, with three apps installed in total. That would give us Nokia 3310 battery life. But is that really how you would want to use your phone in the year 2015?

To me, it's simple. I try to get as much battery as I can but without stepping into crazy territory and doing the things I just mentioned. I like to enjoy the beautiful screen and enjoy the other functions. And if I have to plug in my phone for 30 minutes some time during the day to get some extra battery, then I will.
    You dont use your phone. You only hold the display awake.