FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Have you been unlocked your bootloader using either method?

YES, I'M UNLOCKED IN ALL ITS GLORY
 
116 Vote(s)
50.66%
NO, NEITHER WORKED
 
34 Vote(s)
14.85%
I WANT TO, BUT I DONT TRUST IT
 
79 Vote(s)
34.50%

Potential Bootloader Unlock for Non-Dev Edition

1,678 posts
Thanks Meter: 847
 
Post Reply Email Thread
19th April 2016, 06:54 AM |#961  
DROID_4_UsEr's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by az3333

so.. is there away to unlock our non-dev maxx??? or isn"t?

There is a way but so many different fuses out there....Where to start hmm i have no clue. I know some developer on Github post some modern Motorola Trustzone exploits and I'm not sure if his work is capable of working with These Motorola phones. I've already test them but I get errors that it can't make a smc call. I'm testing out his other scripts that allow a kernel modification that allows the Trustzone exploit to make the smc calls. I hope it works I'm trying really hard to figure this out and been using other techniques from other developers and seems like I'm on the right path.

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by leerpsp

So any one gonna test and have a video on this or give us a play by play.

I tested it and it does not work at all. The python scripts are made for our Devices but maybe a few modifications to the scripts would help. Also he has made a other kernel modification and it allows us to make smc calls which hopefully will allow us to use the python scripts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DROID_4_UsEr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DROID_4_UsEr Ad-Free
 
 
9th May 2016, 12:20 AM |#962  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DROID_4_UsEr

There is a way but so many different fuses out there....Where to start hmm i have no clue. I know some developer on Github post some modern Motorola Trustzone exploits and I'm not sure if his work is capable of working with These Motorola phones. I've already test them but I get errors that it can't make a smc call. I'm testing out his other scripts that allow a kernel modification that allows the Trustzone exploit to make the smc calls. I hope it works I'm trying really hard to figure this out and been using other techniques from other developers and seems like I'm on the right path.

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------



I tested it and it does not work at all. The python scripts are made for our Devices but maybe a few modifications to the scripts would help. Also he has made a other kernel modification and it allows us to make smc calls which hopefully will allow us to use the python scripts.

so "no" for now anyway cheers mate for your work anyway! your the only one i think that is steel working on our bootloader unlocking hopping for your success
20th May 2016, 09:32 PM |#963  
guardante's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Any updates on that?
16th July 2016, 10:47 AM |#964  
Nido221's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Faisalabad
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Any update on Bootloader unlock issue?

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA-Developers mobile app
16th July 2016, 03:53 PM |#965  
zohaibkhan143's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag karachi
Thanks Meter: 238
 
More
Any way to root latest 4.4.4? Or unlock BL

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
16th July 2016, 04:58 PM |#966  
Nido221's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Faisalabad
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zohaibkhan143

Any way to root latest 4.4.4? Or unlock BL

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Latest mean which build number?
17th July 2016, 10:30 AM |#967  
zohaibkhan143's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag karachi
Thanks Meter: 238
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nido221

Latest mean which build number?

This one


Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to zohaibkhan143 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zohaibkhan143 Ad-Free
18th July 2016, 08:36 PM |#968  
Nido221's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Faisalabad
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zohaibkhan143

This one



Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

This is latest build after Su6-7.3

The current root methods as for as i know works up to Su6-7.3.
So your best option is to downgrade to...7.3 and then root your device...

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohaibkhan143

Any way to ......unlock BL

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bootloader unlocking for Droid Maxx possible upto Su4-21 which is far old build through Sunshine...
Probably you belong to South Asian region and most devices shipped to this region have Su6-7.3...
So unlocking is not possible unless some developer create new method to unlock the boot loader at this Build.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nido221 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nido221 Ad-Free
20th July 2016, 09:52 PM |#969  
zohaibkhan143's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag karachi
Thanks Meter: 238
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nido221

This is latest build after Su6-7.3

The current root methods as for as i know works up to Su6-7.3.
So your best option is to downgrade to...7.3 and then root your device...

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------



Bootloader unlocking for Droid Maxx possible upto Su4-21 which is far old build through Sunshine...
Probably you belong to South Asian region and most devices shipped to this region have Su6-7.3...
So unlocking is not possible unless some developer create new method to unlock the boot loader at this Build.

thanks for reply. Can u plz what new method is create for this build ? And plz tell me how to downgrade it from latest build.
Thanks
23rd July 2016, 06:31 PM |#970  
Nido221's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Faisalabad
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zohaibkhan143

thanks for reply. Can u plz what new method is create for this build ? And plz tell me how to downgrade it from latest build.
Thanks

There is no method for this new build so for .
Also downgrade is not possible at this Build. Wait until a developer might create new methods for Rooting this device.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nido221 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nido221 Ad-Free
12th October 2016, 05:05 PM |#971  
zohaibkhan143's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag karachi
Thanks Meter: 238
 
More
Can anyone help me in unlocking BL for droid maxx kk 4.4.4 SU6 7.7.. help plz

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes