FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Samsung Galaxy Trend = Samsung Galaxy S Duos!

722 posts
Thanks Meter: 540

By vantt1, Senior Member on 19th January 2014, 01:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th April 2014, 06:46 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Flashed.

Sim on port 1 is detected and I can place a call (even if the phone is still reporting "no service").
Sim on port 2 is not detected (no sim card message).

We may have to use the whole fw off the 7562 as right now, I still have the 7560 logo, then the Duos one. I tried to flash a complete stock rom through ODIN but ODIN fails when flashing system partition.

Have you already flashed a complete rom to a 7560 ?

30th September 2014, 04:44 PM |#12  
Flag dev>null
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I got one galaxy trend S7560 (without M) and the board is S7562_REV05 from 2013.04.16. Two sim slots, but waiting for a new digitizer to try it out
1st October 2014, 06:06 AM |#13  
Flag Lubań
Thanks Meter: 1,509

Donate to Me
More
The problem you are all facing might be bootloader related, if HW is 100% compatible then I'll suggest you to start from a scratch and flash everything in the correct order - bootloader, partition layout (PIT) and then the rest of duos partitions such a system, data and cache. There might be one more, harder to overcome problem - EFS data which holds IMEI etc. Good luck!

Wysłane z mojego LG-D620 przy użyciu Tapatalka
The Following User Says Thank You to Lukiqq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lukiqq Ad-Free
1st March 2015, 05:48 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by borce_razor

I got one galaxy trend S7560 (without M) and the board is S7562_REV05 from 2013.04.16. Two sim slots, but waiting for a new digitizer to try it out

Hi !! i hope you can help me out since you have the same cellphone. I have a Galaxy Trend GT-S7560M ... but while i was cleaning it i realized that on the board was written S7562_REV05 2013.04.18 and it`s dual sim!!! . The firmware on the cellphone is for a GT-7560M (galaxy trend).....but i was wondering if it would be possible to flash the cellphone with a GT-S7562 firmware (galaxy DUOS)????....

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukiqq

The problem you are all facing might be bootloader related, if HW is 100% compatible then I'll suggest you to start from a scratch and flash everything in the correct order - bootloader, partition layout (PIT) and then the rest of duos partitions such a system, data and cache. There might be one more, harder to overcome problem - EFS data which holds IMEI etc. Good luck!

Wysłane z mojego LG-D620 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hi! i hope can help me out. I have a Galaxy Trend GT-S7560M ... but while i was cleaning it i realized that on the board was written S7562_REV05 2013.04.18 and it`s dual sim!!! . The firmware on the cellphone is for a GT-7560M (galaxy trend).....but i was wondering if it would be possible to flash the cellphone with a GT-S7562 firmware (galaxy DUOS)????....
1st March 2015, 06:10 AM |#15  
Flag Lubań
Thanks Meter: 1,509

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigoa1982

Hi !! i hope you can help me out since you have the same cellphone. I have a Galaxy Trend GT-S7560M ... but while i was cleaning it i realized that on the board was written S7562_REV05 2013.04.18 and it`s dual sim!!! . The firmware on the cellphone is for a GT-7560M (galaxy trend).....but i was wondering if it would be possible to flash the cellphone with a GT-S7562 firmware (galaxy DUOS)????....

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

Hi! i hope can help me out. I have a Galaxy Trend GT-S7560M ... but while i was cleaning it i realized that on the board was written S7562_REV05 2013.04.18 and it`s dual sim!!! . The firmware on the cellphone is for a GT-7560M (galaxy trend).....but i was wondering if it would be possible to flash the cellphone with a GT-S7562 firmware (galaxy DUOS)????....

So stop wondering and start making You may want to start from a scratch as I stated above and see if it works. PIT + full flash from S7562 including bootloader etc.
7th May 2015, 04:50 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Lightbulb idea
Are you all sure it is only a firmware deal? what if the change is done by hardware. I mean; there should be something that differentiates them like a cable. Maybe there is no power reaching the second slot.
11th May 2015, 11:34 AM |#17  
Flag Bangi
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Can anyone provide me link on how to root this phone? Gts7560
20th May 2016, 09:25 PM |#18  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Anyone look into this further? Seems really interesting.
22nd May 2016, 11:10 AM |#19  
Flag Greece
Thanks Meter: 186

Donate to Me
More
Actually it's not hardware hacking but anyway.

You can maybe acivate the second sim slot via a custom rom or a modified init in the stock rom. If you modify the init you can enable the second ril deamon. If you are lucky and your phone's lib support dual sim you'll get dual sim fucntionality.
You should also set the property to the build.prop so as for the UI to have 2 sim enable

Code:
persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds
if anyone can upoload the init files somewhere so as i can tell you wha tto change. (unpack the boot.img to take the files).
12th June 2016, 09:55 PM |#20  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by root-expert

Actually it's not hardware hacking but anyway.

You can maybe acivate the second sim slot via a custom rom or a modified init in the stock rom. If you modify the init you can enable the second ril deamon. If you are lucky and your phone's lib support dual sim you'll get dual sim fucntionality.
You should also set the property to the build.prop so as for the UI to have 2 sim enable

Code:
persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds
if anyone can upoload the init files somewhere so as i can tell you wha tto change. (unpack the boot.img to take the files).

Bump for this guy. I'd really like to see what happens with this but unfortunately i know nothing about software hacking, apart from rooting and flashing roms.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual sim, galaxy s duos, galaxy trend, s7560, s7562

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)