FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox (updated 2015-02-25)

237 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,857

By jcsullins, Senior Member on 19th May 2014, 10:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th April 2016, 11:32 PM |#861  
Flag Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks Meter: 983

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metadurst

Yes, you're absolutely right. Since january this year they turned off the infrastructure if i remember correctly. It didn't bother me, i had my 2 or 3 apps i needed and that was enough. I use my tablet strictly for recreational purposes like websurfing, listening to webradio, reading comics or using the audio player. Nothing more. For the serious things i use my laptop. I started thinking about installing android because the browser developed more and more problems displaying some major websites.
I just finished erasing the whole damn thing and android is running fine. Thanks very much for your explanation. I decided not to make the effort of analysing and trying again several times. Now i have a brand new toy that runs smoothly and i have to learn some android.
No, i don't own any kind of smartphone. Desktop PC for the big things you need power for, laptop for the everyday work and a small cell phone with buttons that lasts nearly 30 days with one charge. My "killer app" on the tablet was ComicShelf HD. Not expensive, very intuitive and reduced to the most important functions. You even had the opportunity of in-app emailing the current page that was on display with two finger tips. I'll have to look for a worthy successor now.
Once i have set up my current install to my satisfaction, i don't plan to change anything. I have to get used to this new stuff and learn how to handle it and that will be enough.

Thanks again for your support, much appreciated

Good luck! Happy to be of service. Don't hesitate to ask questions if you need help.

NT
The Following User Says Thank You to nevertells2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nevertells2 Ad-Free

21st May 2016, 06:32 AM |#862  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
fyi for anyone thinking about using TPToolbox in linux mint 17 - don't do it. The toolbox will open and seem to run great until you attempt to mount the media volume, then linux mint 17 will not detect any change nor any connected touchpad. I had to use windows
21st May 2016, 08:01 PM |#863  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerninja

fyi for anyone thinking about using TPToolbox in linux mint 17 - don't do it. The toolbox will open and seem to run great until you attempt to mount the media volume, then linux mint 17 will not detect any change nor any connected touchpad. I had to use windows

Have you tried any other version of Linux? Mr. Sullins would not have included a version of TPTB for Linux unless he verified that it worked. His excellent tool, TPDebrick was designed to work with Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit livecd (or liveusb). Although he did not say which version of Linux to use, I suspect that Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit livecd (or liveusb) is probably the version that he tested it on. I know others have mentioned that they used the Linux version of TPTB successfully, however I don't remember them mentioning which version of Linux they used. I see that you used the Windows version successfully, but it would be interesting if you tested Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit livecd (or liveusb) and reported back. I've never been into Linux myself, or I would try it.

NT
22nd May 2016, 05:46 PM |#864  
Flag Veneta, OR
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertells2

Have you tried any other version of Linux? Mr. Sullins would not have included a version of TPTB for Linux unless he verified that it worked. His excellent tool, TPDebrick was designed to work with Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit livecd (or liveusb). Although he did not say which version of Linux to use, I suspect that Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit livecd (or liveusb) is probably the version that he tested it on. I know others have mentioned that they used the Linux version of TPTB successfully, however I don't remember them mentioning which version of Linux they used. I see that you used the Windows version successfully, but it would be interesting if you tested Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit livecd (or liveusb) and reported back. I've never been into Linux myself, or I would try it.

NT

I have only used Ubuntu 14.04 Linux with TPToolbox for several years and never have had any problems. For me it works perfectly.
22nd May 2016, 08:16 PM |#865  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtallmadge

I have only used Ubuntu 14.04 Linux with TPToolbox for several years and never have had any problems. For me it works perfectly.

At least we know that TPTB does not work with linux mint 17 and it does work with the version you use.

NT
22nd May 2016, 09:59 PM |#866  
Flag Veneta, OR
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:

At least we know that TPTB does not work with linux mint 17 and it does work with the version you use.

NT

Interesting that Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu. It should work just fine. Wonder when beerninja installed Mint 17? Their site was hacked in February, 2016 and downloads were redirected from a site that contained malware.
23rd May 2016, 05:51 PM |#867  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtallmadge

Interesting that Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu. It should work just fine. Wonder when beerninja installed Mint 17? There site was hacked in February, 2016 and downloads were redirected from a site that contained malware.

I doubt he will even be back to see what we said.

NT
19th June 2016, 08:15 PM |#868  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Has anyone figured out how to install android 6 using the toolbox?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/hp-t...p1-dm-t3238427

It seems the gapps and TWRP as unknown, and it will not let you continue without gapps.
20th June 2016, 12:04 AM |#869  
Thanks Meter: 2,446

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor512

Has anyone figured out how to install android 6 using the toolbox?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/hp-t...p1-dm-t3238427

It seems the gapps and TWRP as unknown, and it will not let you continue without gapps.

Use these.
5th July 2016, 10:26 PM |#870  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
LVM config erase check failed.
Quote:

Sounds like you need some help from Mr. Sullins himself. Only place I know of you might find him is on IRC. I have not seen him around the forums for a while now. Whatever has happened to your TouchPad may not be helped by TPTB or Debrick but rather direct commands via ADB. Good luck,

NT

I have the same error. Installed TPToolbox, and went to Complete Data Reset. When selected, the bottom box showed >>>Erasing LVM config, then the next line shows >>>Checking LVM config erased and that line is immediately followed by this line: ERROR: LVM config erase check FAILED. Possible read-only failure.

Can anyone help me? (Very limited rooting knowledge, but I need to remove and reinstall Android since it keeps having app failures and closing all apps.)
5th July 2016, 11:31 PM |#871  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkmship

I have the same error. Installed TPToolbox, and went to Complete Data Reset. When selected, the bottom box showed >>>Erasing LVM config, then the next line shows >>>Checking LVM config erased and that line is immediately followed by this line: ERROR: LVM config erase check FAILED. Possible read-only failure.

Can anyone help me? (Very limited rooting knowledge, but I need to remove and reinstall Android since it keeps having app failures and closing all apps.)

Instead of trying to use TPTB to remove and reinstall Android again, why don't you use the Factory Data Reset function of your recovery, TWRP or CWM, whichever you are using?
Since the Complete Data Erase Reset failed, Will your TP still boot Android? If it will, go to recovery and use the Factory Data Reset function.

BTW, which version of Android is installed on your TP?

NT
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)