FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Condor][Guide HowTo] Restore your Moto E to Stock[Lock Bootloader][Noob Friendly]

359 posts
Thanks Meter: 618

By deej_roamer, Senior Member on 19th May 2014, 05:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th May 2016, 12:42 PM |#211  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I found rootjunky's restore and relock tool and solved the problem with it. It probably was where this guide got its content.
http://rootjunkysdl.com/files/?dir=M...Relock%20tools

18th May 2016, 03:49 PM |#212  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Could not find Moto E (xt1022) firmware in the download link
I could not find the firmware of moto e (xt1022) India.. in the link for downloading firmwares.

I have rooted my phone and installed cm13, but then i installed back stock rom. but in the stock rom, sim cards are not detected and wifi, bluetooth are not working, so i came up to this forum but i could not find the option of moto e(xt1022) to download.

Also if i install new stock rom, do i hav to delete the old system?

Plz help. Thanks.
24th May 2016, 02:42 PM |#213  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I had the same problem. You need to flash the right stock rom (search here in the forum: showthread.php?t=2755857).

The rom i flashed (for the model xt1023) has a file "sparsechunk.3", so i added a command line in the list of the original post (mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3). I dont know if these is correct, but my phone started to work again.

After you get the phone working you can try flash cm13 again
The Following User Says Thank You to ferrib For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ferrib Ad-Free
1st June 2016, 08:09 PM |#214  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Help! Stuck in screen with android robot with red triangle.
I have a moto e stuck in bootloop. I unlocked bootloader, and then tried to flash TWRP recovery. But after successfully flashing recovery, phone is showing "a dead android robot with red triangle". I have no idea what to do. If i can go into recovery, i can install the pure stock rom and get my moto e to work.

Someone please help. Thanks a looooooot in advance.
2nd June 2016, 07:06 AM |#215  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav Iyer

I have a moto e stuck in bootloop. I unlocked bootloader, and then tried to flash TWRP recovery. But after successfully flashing recovery, phone is showing "a dead android robot with red triangle". I have no idea what to do. If i can go into recovery, i can install the pure stock rom and get my moto e to work.

Someone please help. Thanks a looooooot in advance.

I flashed it properly! Thanks anyway! I downloaded the right firmware and used restore.bat. That did the job. Thank you guys!
13th June 2016, 08:16 PM |#216  
Flag Ahmedabad

More
Please Help
Quote:
Originally Posted by deej_roamer

For all Condor Owners if you wish to restore your Moto E back to stock then follow the guide, Ask any doubts in the comments!

Droid-Developers Website is down, I don't have any locally stored copy. Please wait until the link is updated or better sources are found. If any of you are having the original firmwares in your Hard-drives, Please, upload them and share their links, this would help the community in general. For now I am helpless and this post will not make sense.

I did find some firmwares for moto E here

DISCLAIMER:

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research! YOU are choosing to follow this method to restore, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
Pre-Requisite:
Installed Motorola Drivers.

Instructions:
  1. Go to This This link, and download the firmware for your model! If you are unsure which one is yours please see Appendix 1
  2. Download mfastboot-v2 and Extract it into the same folder
  3. Reboot the phone into Bootloader using VolumeDown+Power Button
    If you prefer an automatic one click process please go to step 5
  4. Shift+RightClick in empty space in the extracted folder and choose open a command window here.
    If you do not wish to lock bootloader skip 4.1 and 4.3
    Code:
    mfastboot.exe oem lock begin
    Code:
    mfastboot.exe flash partition gpt.bin
    mfastboot.exe flash motoboot motoboot.img
    mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin
    mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
    mfastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
    mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    mfastboot.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    mfastboot.exe erase modemst1 
    mfastboot.exe erase modemst2 
    mfastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn
    mfastboot.exe erase cache 
    mfastboot.exe erase userdata
    Code:
    mfastboot.exe oem lock
    Code:
    mfastboot.exe reboot
    OR
  5. If you just did 4th step, You can skip this
    Download Restore.bat/Restore+lock.bat from Attachments, Extract it to the same folder and just run

And the phone is as good as new.
So now experiment all you want, flash different firmwares.

Appendix:
  1. How to choose Correct Firmware for your phone
    1. If you are unsure which one is your firmware, go to Settings>About Phone>System Version the text written there will be similar to the version you want to choose!
    2. If You cannot access your phone or have changed ROM, then please go to bootloader mode using step 2 and 3 from instructions, Open command window like in step 4. Enter
      Code:
      fastboot getvar ro.build.version.full
      . You will see the version to choose in output.
    3. Still cant find, then wait the list at droid-developers is still expanding, your firmware version will be soon up
  2. If you don't like the bootloader unlock logo then here is a method by @cschmitt originally posted here
    1. Download this file, copy it to your fastboot location
    2. Reboot to bootloader using Power+VolumeDown
    3. Do following command from command prompt
      Code:
      fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    4. Reboot and enjoy
  3. If flashing is failed in any of the commands

Thanks @sw33ty4ppu for asking this question.
    Critical Commands (Absolutely Necessary Commands, which if failed will hard brick)
    Code:
    mfastboot.exe flash partition gpt.bin
    mfastboot.exe flash motoboot motoboot.img
    mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
    Non-Critical (If these failed, It will still allow you to go to bootloader and start flashing again)
    Code:
    mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin
    mfastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
    mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    mfastboot.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    mfastboot.exe erase modemst1 
    mfastboot.exe erase modemst2 
    mfastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn
    mfastboot.exe erase cache 
    mfastboot.exe erase userdata
    First check which command gave you an error in flashing.
    • Any of the non-critical command fails to flash, You can start flashing again and hope it might work, you can also check if the downloaded files are proper or their extraction from zip is proper. You can ask for help here on XDA in Q&A section as well.
    • Any of the critical command fails to flash, it is absolutely necessary that you do not exit bootloader. Because when device is in bootloader mode, bootloader is loaded into RAM and is still the original copy, you can still take the phone which is already in bootloader mode to a friend's place and get the flashing done there. But if you reboot bootloader somehow(knowingly/unknowingly). Man, You're screwed. Morale of the story, don't turn off/ reboot your phone until correct flashing is performed.

This also is another reason that experienced users prefer to enter commands manually than rely on an automated .bat or .sh script.

If it helped, Hit thanks

I am on Lollipop 5.1 and want to downgrade to 4.4.2 first and update through OTA. I do have the firmware for 4.4.2 Do I need to use all of the above stated commands while downgrading also? Using XT1022 and have downloaded firmware for the same.
14th June 2016, 03:11 AM |#217  
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Please don't flash gpt.bin and motoboot.img while downgrading. After downgrade, please don't accept ota as it will brick your phone.

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk
30th September 2016, 10:14 AM |#218  

More
Moto e xt1022
my device is suddenly bricked .i tried all the flash concepts,but first 3 commands shows error message .its shows errorbattery low) bootloader fails somethong.........the other commands are working fine er.i didnt even root my mobile .i didnt unlock my bootloader.i thought if i unlock bootloader means the command ll run.but unfortunately moto e official site says your device not eligible for unlocking,in other threads some told unlink ur google account on device.but how can i able to unlick via my device .i even tried to unlink my mobile in google in website.Finally i need to know how to flash moto e with locked bootloader.
10th November 2016, 09:05 PM |#219  

More
error:invalid piv signed system image
my moto e's wifi stopped working so i restarted the phone,but when the phone started i was stuck at bootloader menu, i couldnt get past it.I was on lollipop 5.1.
so i was trying to flash my moto e with kitkat 4.4.4 cid 7
but when i reach to command :mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
i get error on mobile: Invalid PIV signed syatem image.
and on cmd on pc i get: Invalid signed image
Preflash validation failed

to check the version i typed :fastboot getvar cid
i got :cid 0x0007
and for :fastboot getvar ro.build.version.full
i got :Blur_Version.23.201.3.condor_retaildsds.retaildsd sall.en.03
ro.build.version.full: Done

so please help me what to do.I never rooted my phone so its locked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
condor, firmware, moto e, rom, stock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)