Thanks Meter: 1

By TreyHarper, Junior Member on 15th April 2014, 04:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th December 2015, 03:27 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry43812

Lets iron this issue out, guys. Did anyone ever figure out any way to keep the Wifi connection from dropping using Wifi Tether Router? I went back and forth with Fabio via several emails and the short story is he can't/won't help. I have my MSL, but I don't want to use the native hotspot for fear of getting attention drawn to me. I am happy with my unlimited data and wish to keep it.

Jerry,
Did you by chance get the Wifi Tether Router issue of being dropped figured out? I'm also having the same issue on a newly purchased Samsung S5 w/ 5.0 Lollipop.
Thank you!
Brent

30th May 2016, 06:55 AM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I hate to zombie this thread, but I've come up with a solution and I figured I'd share.

I've got Marshmallow, and so no visibility to a setting for Connection Optimizer. I thought that was long gone, but it turns out it lived on, in the ItsOn service.

ItsOn is part of Sprint's software package (a technology pulled from ItsOn corporation, which makes software to help manage wireless networks) and originally was billed as part of their drive to help personalize their PrePaid services. It lives in the application: NetworkSystemProvider which may show up twice in one's application list. You can see its availability by using the ##3282# dialer command (##DATA#), and going to "NetworkSystemProvider" and tapping on it, to reveal "ItsOn" and an On/Off radio button. If you have your MSL you can choose "off" in there. However, I didn't want to get my MSL, or call Sprint for it, so I found an easier way.

This thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/spri...t3100303/page2 - talked about deleting a bunch of files in /carrier/ and /system/ related to ItsOn. But I found an easier and less heavy solution.

In /carrier/ on the root of the phone, should be located a file titled "itson_enabled" -- on a whim, I renamed it to "itson_disabled", using a Root File Explorer. I then rebooted my phone.

After doing so, ItsOn in the ##DATA# screen showed "Off".

And to my delight, WiFi Tether Router remained stable!

This solution is easily reversible by renaming _disabled back to _enabled.

Hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to Gedrean For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gedrean Ad-Free
10th August 2016, 05:14 AM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
WIFI tether galaxy S5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedrean

I hate to zombie this thread, but I've come up with a solution and I figured I'd share.

I've got Marshmallow, and so no visibility to a setting for Connection Optimizer. I thought that was long gone, but it turns out it lived on, in the ItsOn service.

ItsOn is part of Sprint's software package (a technology pulled from ItsOn corporation, which makes software to help manage wireless networks) and originally was billed as part of their drive to help personalize their PrePaid services. It lives in the application: NetworkSystemProvider which may show up twice in one's application list. You can see its availability by using the ##3282# dialer command (##DATA#), and going to "NetworkSystemProvider" and tapping on it, to reveal "ItsOn" and an On/Off radio button. If you have your MSL you can choose "off" in there. However, I didn't want to get my MSL, or call Sprint for it, so I found an easier way.

This thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/spri...t3100303/page2 - talked about deleting a bunch of files in /carrier/ and /system/ related to ItsOn. But I found an easier and less heavy solution.

In /carrier/ on the root of the phone, should be located a file titled "itson_enabled" -- on a whim, I renamed it to "itson_disabled", using a Root File Explorer. I then rebooted my phone.

After doing so, ItsOn in the ##DATA# screen showed "Off".

And to my delight, WiFi Tether Router remained stable!

This solution is easily reversible by renaming _disabled back to _enabled.

Hope this helps!

Hi, I was able to make the change to ITSON_ENABLE to ITSON_DISABLE and it changed the setting as you said. It seem like this is the only WIFI Tether that looks promising. However I just can't get it to work. As I mentiontioned to Fabio in my emails the I was able to connect to WIFI App but it seem like the devices cannot get an IP address. At somepoint it show that the devices were connecting but show no internet connection. The app is showing that RCVD is moving but the SENT is unchanged. I really don't if it has anything to do with the new OS Marshmello.

Can anyone help?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)