Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 40,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[6/16]*techknowfile's* - Hack the HTC EVO - 3G w/o Sprint EVDO coverage!

Tip us?

YourOwnFear
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Im having trouble with the driver. Im using Windows 7. When i go to install the driver I chose htcdiag.inf and in the model window it shows "HTC Remote NDIS Based Driver". I click next and i get a driver warning telling me that windows doesnt recognize the driver as the proper one for the device and after i finish installing it i get the "this device cannot start (code 10)" message. I followed all the steps to the letter. Could I have made a small mistake somewhere?

extrafuzzyllama
Old
Thanks Meter 2
roaming might be free on sprint but that doesnt mean they want u roaming that much

TheBiles
Old
Thanks Meter 158
I'm guessing we have to do this after every new ROM, right?

crpercodani
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 83
So I don't know if alltell had any service in my area, if I flash this am I going to be using VZW's 3G?

1wingangel
Old
Thanks Meter 2
So, basically, this hack allows you to have Verizon's 3g coverage on sprints Evo?
The best of both worlds?
Hello Larry, Hello Larry. Evo vs. Iphone4.....BAM!!!! Evo wins!

Jus10o
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiles View Post
I'm guessing we have to do this after every new ROM, right?
No not right.. A rom wont upgrade your PRL or change it.

A RUU might change your PRL but a ROM wont change it.

psufan5
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Wonder if it would be possible to have an app created for this purpose.. to switch you back and forth. There are times in the fall when I wont have coverage on anyones wireless (other than verizon). Would be nice to have this option to switch to roaming so i I could connect to the tower there

Krynj
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourOwnFear View Post
Im having trouble with the driver. Im using Windows 7. When i go to install the driver I chose htcdiag.inf and in the model window it shows "HTC Remote NDIS Based Driver". I click next and i get a driver warning telling me that windows doesnt recognize the driver as the proper one for the device and after i finish installing it i get the "this device cannot start (code 10)" message. I followed all the steps to the letter. Could I have made a small mistake somewhere?
I am also having this issue. Using Windows 7 x64. Any help would be appreciated, because I've been looking for this type of hack for days.

Many thanks for your efforts, OP.

Saturn2K
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krynj View Post
I am also having this issue. Using Windows 7 x64. Any help would be appreciated, because I've been looking for this type of hack for days.

Many thanks for your efforts, OP.
I am also getting this error.
gqstatus0685 Old
Thanks Meter 0
So basically this will allow us to roam off VZW towers. So coverage as far as voice and data shouldn't be an issue?