[ROM][29.8.2014] SENSEI 1.4.0 (SENSE 4.0a LITE - ICS 4.0.3) [ODEX][FAST][AROMA]

Search This thread

lorddavid

Jun 3, 2008
I have had this problem before, and was curious about this as well. One of the other main reasons I personally went back to CWM since none of the others quite appealed to me as much as it did since it's what I'm used to.. xD

Yeah. I am trying to discart a problem that sometimes the touchscreen get rare. Did you hace any extrange problem whe you use it woth ext4 recovery?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

amir16016

Jul 24, 2007
Thanks a million...Probably one of the best ROMs I'v ever installed on my desire z. Actually i am wondering how wifi works perfect in my location with this ROM without using wifix! Is this cute ROM use the app in the background?!

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Decompile systemui.apk and find the xml file that correlates to position. You can also them change out the icons you want
And to your previous question I don't believe there is an easy way to add a nav bar

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: abhi-xiaomi-1s

abhi-xiaomi-1s

Dec 28, 2013
Kolkata
okk...its very good and fast room :)...very stable also...
just one thing, can anyone tell me how can i put Weather widget on LockScreen? i love it :p

abhi-xiaomi-1s

Dec 28, 2013
Kolkata
some questions...
How to change CPU Gov. IO Schedule?
What CPU Gov and IO Settings is Better for Performance and Battery?
How to remap Back-button hold Action? (on soft key not navigation bar)

JJKPL

Jan 3, 2014
Warsaw
Very nice, fast working ROM. Thanks for the Viper FX - it's really useful! All my apps are working properly, well done :)

Polak potrafi!

arunal_123

Oct 2, 2012
Is it safe to use CWM 6.0.4.5???
Also, I have seen your post about swap on cache in ILWT KK rom. And also seen the change log in this OP.
So, How does it works exactly? Can you please explain me.

coolos

Sep 20, 2007
how this works? this is normal swap on partition like on linux distro. I used whole cache partition to make it. Swaping to partition is faster then swaing to file.

arunal_123

Oct 2, 2012
Isn't that like creating swap space in cache like we used to do by Turbo boost for swap.
I know how actually swap works in LINUX, i asked because in that post you said its different than creating swap memory like turbo boost.
I thought your way of creating swap partition might be different, hence wanted to know the way it works.

coolos

Sep 20, 2007
turbo boost (and all mods that creating swap on system|data|cache partition) create swap file on cache. In this rom swap is on whole cache partition, and /cache dir is symlinked to /data/local/tmp/cache.

Last edited:

Alucard400

Apr 16, 2011
Noob question. I haven't been on the HTC Vision/ Desire Z boards in two years. I still got Gingerbread on my Desire Z. I already got it rooted, S-off. Running Virtuous Sense. If I want to install Sensei 1.4.0, would I need to upgrade to KitKat first? or Kernel? I've spent an hour scouring this forum to look for requirements to install this ROM. Would I need to activate a swap file? Much appreciated if someone can spare a min to give a quick info about this, or to point me to the right direction to do some reading before I just install this ROM.

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Probably just need to make sure you have the dz hboot and a newer recovery, then flash away

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Hi,

I introduce to you my new rom based on HTC ONE V (RUU 2.22 Europe) with some stuff from HTC Desire X (RUU 1.18). This rom have many tweeks that you will not find them in any SENSE LITE rom (e.g. 5, 7 or 9 desktops, live wallpapers from personalize settings). This rom is very fast, beauty and stable.

Orginal thread on Polish forum.

About SENSEI:

Code:
    - Aroma installer,

- based on HTC ONE V (RUU 2.22 Europe) + some stuff from Desire X (RUU 1.18),

- rom is odexed,

- multilanguage,

- 100% working notifications (trackpad and led pulse) like on stock rom,

- choose one from 5 best kernels for DZ,

- cache on SWAP partition,

- You can chose 3D or 2D launcher and (5, 7 or 9 desktops),

- standard display rotation or fast (without animations - experimental),

- sense4 or sense5 icons,

- live wallpapers,

- stastusbar JB or ICS style,

- percent or standard battery,

- standard or centered clock,

- lidroid with 16 toggles,

- APM,

- recent apps - ICS style,

- dialer, contacts and messages locked in memory to fast access,

- background process limited to 7 (for random apps) + 4 (to important HTC processes),

- better memory managment and remove cache from memory every hour,

- tweeked build.prop (better data transfers) and others,

- 7 steps of volume when we speak on the phone,

- better scrolling,

- added Viper4androidFX for best sound quality on headphones ([COLOR="#FF0000"]Grant root privileges[/COLOR]), :E

- changed hosts file to block adds,

- changed gps configs,

- zipalign, sqlite, cleaning cache and dalvik scripts (working out once a week - after reboot),

- updated busybox,

- added new google play,

- chose your favorite apps e.g. Greenify, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and others.

- removed bloatware,

- more in changelog.

Important informations

- backup your data before you install rom (because installer do full wipe)

- On first boot - device will reboot

- If you wanna change kernel - you can do it after first reboot.

- Installation time is about 6-7 minutes

- Desire Z HBOOT is required

Version 1.4.0 to download (install only on CWM recovery, 4ext can cause recovery bootloop)
    - version 1.3.1
    - version 1.3.0
    - version 1.2.4
    - version 1.2.3
    - version 1.2.2
    - version 1.2.1
    - version 1.2
    - version 1.1.3
    - version 1.1.2
    - version 1.1.1
    - version 1.1
    - version 1.0

Changelog:
    Code:
    - 1.4.0 - improved multitasking and overall performance. Swap on whole cache partition (not swaping to file). Added ad blocking option in installer.

- 1.3.1 - very small update. Fixed installer issue (sometimes file explorer has not been installed), updated SuperUser apps.

- 1.3.0 - revert back to ext2 file system (faster then ext4), added e2fsck on boot (checking all paritions and fix them if has any errors then mount them), fstrim every day on 1:05 (24h format), updated SuperSU app.

- 1.2.4 - tunned ext4 file system (faster write and read from eMMC), added trimming option (no lag after some time of using), background process increased to 7 + htc apps, some small changes.

- 1.2.3 - changed installer to do automatic full wipe and fixed some problems caused by clockworkmod recovery (bootloop after install and other issues), updated SuperSu app, more agressive low memory killer.

- 1.2.2 - fixed SQLite issues

- 1.2.1 - some small fixes, not very important.

- 1.2 - added Coolos kernel (+31MB ram), added default style (Green or Blue), added batteries style (transparent, blue-percent, blue or green-percent), added superuser (by clockworkmod or chainfire), default CPU frequency is 1024MHz (before 1113MHz), some small changes.

- 1.1.3 - added options: force rotation when keyboard is open and volume wake 

- 1.1.2 - fast rotation bug fixed, some swappiness values has been changed (for 128MB, 160MB swap), some small fixes.

- 1.1.1 - fixed installer, added JB statusbar style, added Neo2SHYAlien kernel, some translations changes.

- 1.1 - Contacts and messages locked in memory, wideband ist turned off, opening keyboard - not force orientation change, added: rotation speed, keyboard (with or without arrows), icons (sense 4 or 5). 

- 1.0 - first release

Screenshots:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks to user f_enzo for testing, and help.

Thanks to:
    - @torxx fo working camera from his trickdroid rom,
    - @tonyskyfall for IgnoranceX theme and lidroid guide,
    - @qriozum (aka Faka), @ajhavery, team Virtuous and @Neo2SHYAlien for great kernels.

If you wanna take some parts of my rom to your own project I will not complain about this. I please only for info about what you get from my rom on your thread - that's all. I spend many hours to create this rom - so please respect this.

I take NO responsibility for any damage.

If you like my work you can buy me energy drink :silly:

:D
    Version 1.1.2 is up.

There will be no more updates for a while. The Next step is MIUI v5.

I must share with you guys with my older roms - MIUI v3 and MIUI v4, but first I must translate installers :p.
    Very small update on first post. If You use version 1.3.0, You can skip this update.
    turbo boost (and all mods that creating swap on system|data|cache partition) create swap file on cache. In this rom swap is on whole cache partition, and /cache dir is symlinked to /data/local/tmp/cache.
    @up

This is tuff question, everyone should test this kernels and choice favorite one. I prefer Faka 3.0.72 kernel or Advanced sense kernel r2. They have really good performance and runs very smooth (I like SIO scheduler and smartassv2 governor).

Others roms using .50 kernels, maybe because kernels .60+ have system write mounting bug. In this rom I applied workaround for this bug.