3rd party Qi wireless receiver

5,911 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,039
By kms108, Senior Member on 10th June 2014, 06:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st May 2016, 12:39 PM |#241  
Flag Volos
Thanks Meter: 7
With specific generation of phones, them using tremendous complexity in power management by having internally several electronic (On/Off) switches and even additional circuitry this acting as switch (this having multiple positions), the first reasonable conclusion this is that there is no easy answers.
While most users all that they do care about, this is getting easy answers, by using an APP as interpreter of what going on inside the phone.
The very truth this is a combination of other factors.

I have also questions which them possibly their will remain unanswered.

1) I need to know what New? Qualcomm contributed in the development of Marshmallow Kernel: In the regard of any additional driver improvements, them helping Snapdragon 800 series this to deliver more information regarding electrical measurements’.
2) I need to know what New? Qualcomm contributed in the development of Marshmallow Kernel: Regarding the improvements’ in power management and how that gains, them are measured in percentage? Their text that the battery will now last longer, this is not enough for me.
3) I need to know what New? Qualcomm contributed in the development of Marshmallow Kernel: Regarding wireless charging, are they any improvements’? helping to a more stable connection between receiver and charging pad?

Some of my questions them will get answers as soon will be released this new Marshmallow update for my G900F / Switzerland, and test it by my self.
Possibly this is the last major update for S5 hardware, therefore I am looking forwards to discover if there is any essential changes.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Originally Posted by puterdoc

I do not know if charging amperage and time is constant or exponential ie: 480ma at 10mins = 960ma at 5min.

All charging circuitry for Li-ion in our planet them using CC/CV charging process, CC mode it is easy to calculate, CV mode this is difficult to record especially if battery this formed high internal resistance and top up time, this could be several additional hours (after the phone reports 100% charged battery)

Originally Posted by puterdoc

Am now wondering just how much higher the rate is once the screen goes blank on wireless. How did you come by these numbers, and is there an app that logs once the screen is off?

Thanks for the numbers

No one is aware of actual rate that S5 using when an power logger App this report (for example 1800 as higher rate) once the screen goes blank.
Simple English: When the phone reports due an App the number of 1800 this is interpreted as that the phone does not have active any electric current limiting circuitry at that time.
Active current limiting this is forced according to type of the source regarding the maximum input current.
a) Empty phone this connected to PC USB = phone limits down input current to 450mA ( Highest limiting stepping).
b) Phone charged up 95% and actual required power this is less than 400mA and dropping down = phone stops limiting input current ( Limiting mode disengaged)
c) The user wakes up the phone (back light on) = phone limits down again input current to 450mA ( Highest limiting stepping).
4th June 2016, 04:50 PM |#242  
Thanks Meter: 29
How about this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread