Thanks Meter: 920

By troby86, Senior Member on 17th June 2014, 02:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th February 2016, 11:22 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloperson

This is all very exciting! Once I'm not in the middle of a time when I really need my phone working I'm definitely going to try this.
Anyone else have success? Also any updates about ROM or kernel installations?
@shefys Which specific cyanogenmod for the regular Z1 did you install? or did several different versions work? (From your various posts it seems like you've had success with both stock and cyanogenmod roms)

I might be trying to do this tonight, I'll report back.

Edit: oops actually gonna try the other one that can be done without unlocking since I didn't have any luck with that part.
The Following User Says Thank You to Helgaiden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Helgaiden Ad-Free

5th February 2016, 03:45 PM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I was also able to get an unlock code from Sony. I have not tried it yet because I am patiently waiting for some awesome person to port some ROMS to the Z1S. Anyone pretty please???
5th February 2016, 06:13 PM |#53  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulos

I was also able to get an unlock code from Sony. I have not tried it yet because I am patiently waiting for some awesome person to port some ROMS to the Z1S. Anyone pretty please???

Don't hold your breath. I also got the unlock code the same way but the actual unlock process failed.
5th February 2016, 07:46 PM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I'd like to try my unlock code to unlock the bootloader. Is there any risk of bricking the phone? I'm new to this stuff, but I'd like to start learning, especially if it means I might be able to get 5.1 or even Marshmallow on my Z1! If someone could point me in the direction of a tutorial, I'll give the unlock code a try. It worked for that one guy apparently.

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Free mobile app
5th February 2016, 08:13 PM |#55  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTell13

I'd like to try my unlock code to unlock the bootloader. Is there any risk of bricking the phone? I'm new to this stuff, but I'd like to start learning, especially if it means I might be able to get 5.1 or even Marshmallow on my Z1! If someone could point me in the direction of a tutorial, I'll give the unlock code a try. It worked for that one guy apparently.

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Free mobile app

No risk of brick as far as I can tell but the camera gets compromised for whatever reason. If you try this, look into how to restore camera functionality after the unlock.
25th March 2016, 08:53 PM |#56  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So i finally had time to try all this stuff and had no luck getting a different ROM installed. Here's my boring and sad story for those interested:
Quote:

Like everyone else I was able to get an unlock code. I then put that into androxyde's flash tool and it seemed to go successfully, except my system didn't wipe, which I thought always happened when a bootloader was unlocked officially (for security reasons). I checked in the system service menu and under rooting status it now displayed unknown instead of the regular message (something like bootloader unlockable: NO). So despite this things indicting my bootloader might still be locked, the camera would not focus or take photos or open in any third party camera apps, indicating it was unlocked.
So I tried flashing a couple different roms stock and cm intended for the regular z1 and all of them failed to flash. I then tried flashing different kernels through flash tool and it failed in about .5 seconds which indicated that my bootloader was still locked, unless there is some strange issue I'm having with flashing things (both via recovery and flashtool) that is unrelated to bootloaders lock state. I "relocked" the bootloader and the Camera works fine again.

I'm sadly back on 5.0 stock tmobile.
If anyone comes up with any new ideas or suggestions I'll certainly try them.
2nd April 2016, 03:53 PM |#57  

Donate to Me
More
figures... mine says "Bootloader unlock allowed: No"

anyone try this:
Bootloader Unlock Allowed: NO Solution 2015
22nd April 2016, 02:49 AM |#58  
Flag Miri City
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmst77

figures... mine says "Bootloader unlock allowed: No"

anyone try this:
Bootloader Unlock Allowed: NO Solution 2015

mine says bootloader unlock yes
5th June 2016, 04:55 AM |#59  
Flag Dagupan City
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Does anyone have a deodex flashable zip for the Z1S? And which xposed zip should I use? Thanks mates!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)