FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Which replacement screen (Sharp, sony acer)

2,171 posts
Thanks Meter: 721

By and313, Senior Member on 26th June 2014, 01:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd June 2016, 06:25 AM |#11  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 3

More
It may still be replaceable, if it's been sitting for 2 headed is the phone taking a charge? It needs to be on to change the screen. If it is charging and booting up, and the screen still won't work when being changed try doing a hard reset by holding the power and volume down button until it restarts - have had advice by someone who repairs phones for a living that this should reset what the phone is looking at for hardware and you should be able to do screen replacement. Failing that chances are it's going to be dead. Not much point in selling it these days as they aren't worth much these days. If the phone won't start the battery may be dead flat. The phone needs some voltage to run its charging firmware, you can try to get it charging by leaving on charge for 10 min or more, even if no charge light, then hold power/vol up/vol down at the same time to recalibrate the charge circuit, it may start to charge after this.
Let me know how it goes, I wouldn't spend too much time on it, unless it's now a project..

2nd June 2016, 06:29 PM |#12  
Flag {^_*}
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okhughes

It may still be replaceable, if it's been sitting for 2 headed is the phone taking a charge? It needs to be on to change the screen. If it is charging and booting up, and the screen still won't work when being changed try doing a hard reset by holding the power and volume down button until it restarts - have had advice by someone who repairs phones for a living that this should reset what the phone is looking at for hardware and you should be able to do screen replacement. Failing that chances are it's going to be dead. Not much point in selling it these days as they aren't worth much these days. If the phone won't start the battery may be dead flat. The phone needs some voltage to run its charging firmware, you can try to get it charging by leaving on charge for 10 min or more, even if no charge light, then hold power/vol up/vol down at the same time to recalibrate the charge circuit, it may start to charge after this.
Let me know how it goes, I wouldn't spend too much time on it, unless it's now a project..

ow volum down? okay will try that. but i think i killed it lol cause the charging light wont come on anymore lol
it was just a idea that poped up in my head, that maybe i can save it so i friend can use it but i think i will just trow it away lol or something will give it a shot and see. will report back

nvm it's dead it wont even boot lol. i think i burned sometime lol that little cable that onder the battery thats conects the botem part with the other fliped out 2 time and 3time it smeled burned lol nvm
2nd June 2016, 11:36 PM |#13  
Flag Adelaide

More
Sounds like it may have shorted, a replacement is fairly cheap , just depends on how serious you are about spending money on it.
I forgot to mention that when calibrating charge circuit with power/vol up/vol down all held down at the same time, they need to be held down for at least 2 minutes.
4th June 2016, 11:32 PM |#14  
Flag {^_*}

More
Quote:

Sounds like it may have shorted, a replacement is fairly cheap , just depends on how serious you are about spending money on it.
I forgot to mention that when calibrating charge circuit with power/vol up/vol down all held down at the same time, they need to be held down for at least 2 minutes.

nvm i think i fried the cpu or something lol it wont turn on anymore.
i trew it in the bin
5th June 2016, 01:38 AM |#15  
Flag Adelaide

More
Probably the best result, it's probably cheaper to to buy a second hand one and also cause less aggravation when you can't work out why it won't work. You could always sell the replacement screen.
7th June 2016, 12:49 AM |#16  
Flag {^_*}

More
Quote:

Probably the best result, it's probably cheaper to to buy a second hand one and also cause less aggravation when you can't work out why it won't work. You could always sell the replacement screen.

dont think i will sell it i mean who would buy it? lol but guess i could try for like 20euro or 10 lol.
and have 2 batteries for 10 or 5 euro lol
have 3 backcovers also 2 white and 1 black.
we bought every thing to repaire it but yeah.
could maybe sell some **** but pff dont knopw. (its my oncles old phone will ask him (maybe sell every thing exept de motherboard)
7th June 2016, 11:19 AM |#17  
Flag Adelaide

More
That's what I'd do, try and sell it for parts minus the mainboard. If that doesn't work, put it away somewhere and if you come across a dead one cheap, swap the mainboards out (providing it has the same screen - that's a given). Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to okhughes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift okhughes Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)