FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[THOR] Successfully rolled back to 13.3.1.0 (Safestrap working)

47 posts
Thanks Meter: 57

By 058515471, Member on 13th June 2014, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th June 2016, 06:58 PM |#391  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,493

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohzean

Thank you so much for your help, now I have version 4.5.2 working successfully, although update does not work, giving me error "Last update failed"
I rooted using Kingsroot and installed Safetrap.

Thank you

Let's leave well enough alone. Can revisit 4.5.2 -> 4.5.5.1 update should you wish to install a custom rom in the future. Strongly suggest you not attempt to install any variation of Google Play Services and/or Play Store with FireOS v4. Outcomes are variable but almost universally unsatisfactory depending on pain threshold. Custom ROM is the best path if you find Amazon's offerings too limiting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davey126 Ad-Free

9th June 2016, 08:01 PM |#392  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Let's leave well enough alone. Can revisit 4.5.2 -> 4.5.5.1 update should you wish to install a custom rom in the future. Strongly suggest you not attempt to install any variation of Google Play Services and/or Play Store with FireOS v4. Outcomes are variable but almost universally unsatisfactory depending on pain threshold. Custom ROM is the best path if you find Amazon's offerings too limiting.

Yes I guess it is enough for now , however do you think custom Rom can give higher version of Android (e.g. Lollipop)?
8th November 2016, 06:51 PM |#393  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Download link for update files for Apollo 3.2.5 did not work. I cann't download install.sh file. PM to me or post new link to it please.
8th November 2016, 07:22 PM |#394  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,493

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan_nik

Download link for update files for Apollo 3.2.5 did not work. I cann't download install.sh file. PM to me or post new link to it please.

This procedure is obsolete any any xx.3.x.x version of FireOS can be rooted with Towelroot. From there you can unlock the bootloader, install TWRP and flash any custom rom for this device including KitKat, Lollipop and Marshmallow variants. No need to rollback or mess with Safestrap.

The above statements may counter some older guidance you see in the forums. The 'discovery' that the bootloader can be unlocked on any 3rd gen device is fairly recent.

After rooting be sure to keep the device network isolated (WiFi off; Airplane/flight mode engaged) to prevent an unwanted OTA update from Amazon that may ruin your day.

See the following thread to unlock the bootloader. You'll benefit from some technical background as the guide is written for experienced users.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/kind...mware-t3463982
8th November 2016, 07:48 PM |#395  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Ok, thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)