Default Beautiful Widgets Issue

So, I have been running Beautiful Widgets on my MyTouch 3G 1.2 with Cyanogen Mod 5.0.8-t1 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=673394). So far I love the way that the widget looks, but I have been having an issue with it. I have noticed it a few times where when Beautiful Widgets updates the weather based on my current location, the GPS never turns off. I can get it to stop by killing the app in Advanced Task Killer, but then the time/weather does not update until i refresh it by clicking on the weather icon in the widget, and then it doesn't turn off again. Issue is, It likes to turn on while in my locker at work (I turn on Airplane mode to conserve power. I have been able to go a 9 hour shift and have roughly 85%-90% battery left, on the days that Beautiful Widgets decides to cooperate. Other days, like today, I'm at ~50% 4 hours into my shift, due to the GPS being stuck on.) I have tried disabling the GPS location, and it still does it. Also tried rebooting my phone, which has fixed it before, but didn't work today. I finally resorted to removing the widget from my home screen and that has worked so far. I would love to buy the app on the market (Currently using version 2.992 which I found in a ROM pack), but I don't want to spend the money on it if it will not fix this issue. I have tried multiple versions of the app, and it has been doing the same thing.

Any ideas?