FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][KK][Jan 18] -=- CloudyG2 2.2 -=- [All Variants]

1,546 posts
Thanks Meter: 20,786

By Cloudyfa, Recognized Developer on 15th June 2014, 03:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Cloudyfa: CloudyG2 2.2 released !!!
26th June 2016, 04:17 AM |#11391  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No IMEI
Hi...I used to have this rom but I installed 3.3 a month ago...the thing is I like 2.2 more than 3.3...2.2 is just perfect...but after flashing 2.2 I lost my imei...what can I do to get ti back...or what NOT to do whem Im flashin 2.2?

27th June 2016, 10:46 AM |#11392  
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 535

More
Been awhile but I've got another LG G2 now, the VS980 Verizon model. Originally when I got it earlier it has the factory 5.0.2 build on it (can't recall the actual build number at this exact instant, I think it was 39A LRX22G but I just didn't pay enough attention to that, might be part of this issue).

Anyway, as I loved CloudyG2 in the past when I used it with the G2 I had a few years ago obviously I'd like to get this up and running again so, I've made several attempts so far. I've rolled back to 4.2.2 11A and rooted (ioroot) with no issues, then installed AutoRec with no issues, then copied the CloudyG2 2.2 archive and the KK baseband over as well following the instructions in the OP.

- boot to recovery
- full wipe
- flash KK baseband
- in Aroma I choose the VS980 model, add the Task Manager, drop the Think whatever thing and add the ad blocker
- flash ROM
- wipe cache/Dalvik one last time
- reboot

and of course it just gets stuck at the second LG logo forever and I've done this like 8 times so far. I'm guessing there's potentially an issue with the fact that it did have 5.0.2 on it before I started all this, perhaps it's a bootloader thing. Doing searches and reading a lot of posts so far looking for anything that might help me resolve it and get CloudyG2 2.2 installed. Yes I'm aware that 3.3 is available but a) I don't like Lollipop and b) I use Mi2Raw which is unavailable for LP anyway which is sad but that's how it goes.

So, if anyone has any tips or suggestions I'd appreciate hearing them. Was looking around for a 24A TOT file but not having much luck finding one, or a KDZ for that matter so I'm not sure what to do for the moment, will just reflash the 11A TOT that I have and hold off hoping anyone might offer something helpful.

Thanks...

EDIT:
Ok, so I mucked around with 11A, then 26A, then jumped to 39A which I then used the Verizon upgrader on the laptop to push up to 3AA and never had much luck. Did a lot more reading and decided that 24A seems to be "the golden ticket" for most things so, I did some more searching, found the 24A KDZ file (not TOT) and flashed that, then ioroot(ed) it, installed AutoRec, copied the CloudyG2 2.2 archive to internal storage, rebooted to recovery, backed up the 24A installation, flashed the KK baseband just in case (it was already on 24A as noted so, kinda redundant for me but I did it anyway), then flashed CloudyG2 and, success. Working perfectly as expected, not one issue noted so far that I can find, installed the Dorimanx 10.9 kernel (the Knock version) after setting things up and still no issues noted.

I missed the G2, I really did, it's just all around such an awesome device even years after its introduction in 2013 (mine was made/sold in May 2014). Going to order a new battery for it but I don't expect to be shifting phones again anytime soon. My Flex 2 will go to my Wife for use as a more portable tablet than what she's been using (a 7" Nook HD for years now). Should be a nice boost for her even though I'll be using some tweaks to bring it down to 1 Little and 1 Big core operation to extend battery life for her.

Cloudyfa: Thank you again for creating this ROM for all of us, I used it years ago with the previous G2 I owned (Sprint LS980 variant) and I'm happy to be using it once more on this VS980 without a single problem so far.
13th July 2016, 06:50 AM |#11393  
Virginia Beach
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by br0adband

Been awhile but I've got another LG G2 now, the VS980 Verizon model. Originally when I got it earlier it has the factory 5.0.2 build on it (can't recall the actual build number at this exact instant, I think it was 39A LRX22G but I just didn't pay enough attention to that, might be part of this issue).

Anyway, as I loved CloudyG2 in the past when I used it with the G2 I had a few years ago obviously I'd like to get this up and running again so, I've made several attempts so far. I've rolled back to 4.2.2 11A and rooted (ioroot) with no issues, then installed AutoRec with no issues, then copied the CloudyG2 2.2 archive and the KK baseband over as well following the instructions in the OP.

- boot to recovery
- full wipe
- flash KK baseband
- in Aroma I choose the VS980 model, add the Task Manager, drop the Think whatever thing and add the ad blocker
- flash ROM
- wipe cache/Dalvik one last time
- reboot

and of course it just gets stuck at the second LG logo forever and I've done this like 8 times so far. I'm guessing there's potentially an issue with the fact that it did have 5.0.2 on it before I started all this, perhaps it's a bootloader thing. Doing searches and reading a lot of posts so far looking for anything that might help me resolve it and get CloudyG2 2.2 installed. Yes I'm aware that 3.3 is available but a) I don't like Lollipop and b) I use Mi2Raw which is unavailable for LP anyway which is sad but that's how it goes.

So, if anyone has any tips or suggestions I'd appreciate hearing them. Was looking around for a 24A TOT file but not having much luck finding one, or a KDZ for that matter so I'm not sure what to do for the moment, will just reflash the 11A TOT that I have and hold off hoping anyone might offer something helpful.

Thanks...

EDIT:
Ok, so I mucked around with 11A, then 26A, then jumped to 39A which I then used the Verizon upgrader on the laptop to push up to 3AA and never had much luck. Did a lot more reading and decided that 24A seems to be "the golden ticket" for most things so, I did some more searching, found the 24A KDZ file (not TOT) and flashed that, then ioroot(ed) it, installed AutoRec, copied the CloudyG2 2.2 archive to internal storage, rebooted to recovery, backed up the 24A installation, flashed the KK baseband just in case (it was already on 24A as noted so, kinda redundant for me but I did it anyway), then flashed CloudyG2 and, success. Working perfectly as expected, not one issue noted so far that I can find, installed the Dorimanx 10.9 kernel (the Knock version) after setting things up and still no issues noted.

I missed the G2, I really did, it's just all around such an awesome device even years after its introduction in 2013 (mine was made/sold in May 2014). Going to order a new battery for it but I don't expect to be shifting phones again anytime soon. My Flex 2 will go to my Wife for use as a more portable tablet than what she's been using (a 7" Nook HD for years now). Should be a nice boost for her even though I'll be using some tweaks to bring it down to 1 Little and 1 Big core operation to extend battery life for her.

Cloudyfa: Thank you again for creating this ROM for all of us, I used it years ago with the previous G2 I owned (Sprint LS980 variant) and I'm happy to be using it once more on this VS980 without a single problem so far.

I am on cloudy G2 3.3 right now. Also vs980(verizon g2).

The firmware is 39A before cloudy 3.3. I am thinking of getting back to 2.2. Not sure if I could make the jump directly 😂😂😂
14th July 2016, 02:34 PM |#11394  
Flag pune
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How do i flash this rom? I am currenty on ICEX Rom 5.0.2. DO i need to install the stock KDZ image and do the complete process again r is there any easy way out. Please suggest
14th July 2016, 03:57 PM |#11395  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitvin1

How do i flash this rom? I am currenty on ICEX Rom 5.0.2. DO i need to install the stock KDZ image and do the complete process again r is there any easy way out. Please suggest

Flash hybrid Bootstack for your device, flash the desired rom file and then gapps.. You are done...
14th July 2016, 07:34 PM |#11396  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi there,

I'm on CloudyG2 3.3 but i t seems a litle laggy, i wanna go back to this one, can i just wipe and flash or sloud i flash the kitkat baseband also?
Whats the procedure when switching between lolipop and kitkat roms?

thks
14th July 2016, 11:02 PM |#11397  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmauzao

Hi there,

I'm on CloudyG2 3.3 but i t seems a litle laggy, i wanna go back to this one, can i just wipe and flash or sloud i flash the kitkat baseband also?
Whats the procedure when switching between lolipop and kitkat roms?

thks

Flash the stock rom, root and recovery. Then go for any custom rom you desire.. Else reverting will be pain in ass.. Else you can flash droith kitkat supporting bootstack and flash rom.. But doesn't work for everyone. First one is best.
The Following User Says Thank You to sheraz1015 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sheraz1015 Ad-Free
23rd July 2016, 03:10 AM |#11398  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheraz1015

Flash the stock rom, root and recovery. Then go for any custom rom you desire.. Else reverting will be pain in ass.. Else you can flash droith kitkat supporting bootstack and flash rom.. But doesn't work for everyone. First one is best.

question since looks like you know alittle more than me ok so i was originally on cloudy 2.2 and wanted to try something else so i went to blisspop literally a pain didnt like it so decided i would go back to cloudy but i ended up not being able to boot into recovery for some reason so i used lg flash tool and im currently stock 4.4.2 and i have rooted and custom recovery but as soon as i flash the kk baseband and flash cloudy and reboot i cant get past the lg symbol it will just go back to recovery or it will just stay black and suggestions ????

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Quote:

wait im actually on 4.2.2 jb
24th July 2016, 12:04 PM |#11399  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Hi, my set is F320 model, can I install ROM on it since it is for "All Variant"?
25th July 2016, 06:36 PM |#11400  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by same240

Hi, my set is F320 model, can I install ROM on it since it is for "All Variant"?

Yes, just select your variant in aroma installer
5th August 2016, 10:23 AM |#11401  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:

Yes, just select your variant in aroma installer

Is there a lollipop version for lg g2 ls980? I have android 4.4.2 right now , and the dorimanx kernel
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)