11th June 2016, 07:05 PM |#61  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 3,996

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFAULTx

Awesome! Now to try and root again with stock recovery. Seems KingRoot isn't very reliable on Marshmallow.

Why on earth would you do that? Flash twrp and then flash the latest supersu zip and be done. Don't use some hacky app to get su going.

13th June 2016, 03:16 AM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Valid point was only going that route since I didn't want to lose any data by flashing a custom recovery.
13th June 2016, 03:29 AM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:

Valid point was only going that route since I didn't want to lose any data by flashing a custom recovery.

you don't lose data by flashing TWRP. You flash the img in fastboot. nothing changes about your rom or data
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeataol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikeataol Ad-Free
14th June 2016, 07:58 PM |#64  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 3,996

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Think you confused that with unlocking the boot loader which wipes.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
27th June 2016, 04:46 AM |#65  

More
Hey sorry I'm having the same problem *** Software status: Official ***
*** LOCKED ***
M8_WLV PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
RADIO-1.12.20.1211
OpenDSP-v51.2.2-00593-M8974_FO.1015
OS-6.21.605.3
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Feb 3 2016,21:05:10.0

RUU
all I want to know is will I have to take this to get unlock? Or can I just leave it here for a couple of hours and will the phone update and be normal again? I didn't have any data whatsoever on it so I'm not worried about losing anything.
27th June 2016, 02:21 PM |#66  

More
Confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayderpus

Hold the power/lock button and volume up for 10 seconds. If the phone doesn't restart, wait until the battery dies and restart your phone. If you have anything like I did, the problem will resolve itself once you restart.

If restarting does not fix it, wait for it to restart and do a factory reset.

I did the factory reset however it's still stuck on the Verizon red screen. Is that supposed to happen?
8th July 2016, 12:54 AM |#67  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

Think you confused that with unlocking the boot loader which wipes.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Anything specific I need to know about flashing TWRP? Saw their download page I'm assuming it's all done using FastBoot method using ADB. Just need to use the proper image of course!
8th July 2016, 03:13 AM |#68  
Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Quote:

Anything specific I need to know about flashing TWRP? Saw their download page I'm assuming it's all done using FastBoot method using ADB. Just need to use the proper image of course!

Fastboot and adb are similar but distinct from each other. You should use "fastboot flash recovery <nameoftwrpfile>.img" but I would recommend reading/practicing up on fastboot, abd, and that command. Also, before dottat corrects me, use of htc_fastboot is recommended although not required for all fastboot functions.
The Following User Says Thank You to cntryby429 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cntryby429 Ad-Free
22nd July 2016, 03:13 PM |#69  

More
I'm having the same problem and nothing's working. How did you resolve it?
31st July 2016, 12:43 AM |#70  
Flag Harrisburg, PA and Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq61

I'm having the same problem and nothing's working. How did you resolve it?

did you try flashing a no-wipe RUU via fastboot? my phone was stuck at the white HTC screen and I did that and it brought it back to life
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)