Thanks Meter: 3,979

By EddyOS, Recognized Contributor on 29th April 2014, 01:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th June 2016, 03:52 PM |#801  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Anyone can re-upload the files ?..

And by the way.. After this can i OTA ?...
The Following User Says Thank You to iceman667 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iceman667 Ad-Free

7th July 2016, 10:41 AM |#802  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I need to get back my m8 to stock but i cant get the bootloader to "Locked" .. i am on S-ON .. all the commands run smoothly but when i restart into BL to check, its still "UNLOCKED" what can i do ?
7th July 2016, 10:11 PM |#803  
Flag Lardos, Rhodes, Greece.
Thanks Meter: 1,632

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars_Ammar

I need to get back my m8 to stock but i cant get the bootloader to "Locked" .. i am on S-ON .. all the commands run smoothly but when i restart into BL to check, its still "UNLOCKED" what can i do ?

Follow the thread if you have S-OFF. If you are S-ON, only this will work and it will say relocked: fastboot oem lock
12th July 2016, 02:23 PM |#804  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Dead link
Hi, can someone upload the zip please.
THX
22nd July 2016, 04:40 AM |#805  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotbgd

Hi, can someone upload the zip please.
THX

that's the same zip

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934518148

and that's one for Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) i flashed yesterday

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24369303960687057

here are the full ROMs
https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f48...016-a-1940130/
27th July 2016, 10:36 AM |#806  
Flag Luxembourg
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi there,

I've read all possible threads now to aid a friend who tries to gift his One M8 to his cousin but wants to put it back to stock (relocked or tempered is not an issue) and the device is set to S-On - we never managed to put it to S-Off in the past (firewater, rumrunner and we're not quite willing to pay for sunshine) but were able to install ViperOne Rom when the device was on 4.4.2 (i suppose ViperOne was based on 4.4.2 too) and this was eventually only possible since ViperOne Rom is Sense-based (i concluded that with S-On you should only be able to flash Sense-based Roms that would not modify the boot.img otherwise you get into a strange bootloop after boot, like one or two minutes after successful bootup)..
Now after some time my friend couldn't get past the bootscreen and didn't do any nandroids - ever.. I managed to get a nandroid for hboot version 3.16 starting with version n° 1.x.xxx.xx here on xda and i want to note that when printing the getvar all in fastboot, there's no version-main n° indicated..? See here:
Quote:

D:\Android\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.16.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.16.2133156.UA15G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B10000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__E11
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 098a72e5
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.034s

So after flashing this nandroid for a first time, i managed to boot up - to my old ViperOne Rom.. The wipes i did in TWRP (version 2.7.1.0 is the only one that actually works) weren't effective.. So i wiped again and flashed the nandroid again, i again got past the bootscreen and android apps were optimized - however after boot, i get into the Stock Sense Lockscreen and when unlocking the screen i only have a white screen with htc logo, the back and home button are present and reactive, but don't do nothing.. And after all, i get this reboot after a minute or two, so what would i be supposed to do now (good question ? I would try the following: fortunately i backed up the boot.img with twrp before wiping and restoring and put it to pc (i'm quite used to adb/fastboot and shell commands) - i could restore only the boot.img if that's what's causing the reboot after successful boot (eventually because of s-on) or go to bootloader and factory reset data (if that makes sense - i thought that this would eventually restore the stock bootloader by itself..? Any help is highly appreciated, and sorry for the long post..
27th July 2016, 12:05 PM |#807  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltagreen88

Hi there,

I've read all possible threads now to aid a friend who tries to gift his One M8 to his cousin but wants to put it back to stock (relocked or tempered is not an issue) and the device is set to S-On - we never managed to put it to S-Off in the past (firewater, rumrunner and we're not quite willing to pay for sunshine) but were able to install ViperOne Rom when the device was on 4.4.2 (i suppose ViperOne was based on 4.4.2 too) and this was eventually only possible since ViperOne Rom is Sense-based (i concluded that with S-On you should only be able to flash Sense-based Roms that would not modify the boot.img otherwise you get into a strange bootloop after boot, like one or two minutes after successful bootup)..
Now after some time my friend couldn't get past the bootscreen and didn't do any nandroids - ever.. I managed to get a nandroid for hboot version 3.16 starting with version n° 1.x.xxx.xx here on xda and i want to note that when printing the getvar all in fastboot, there's no version-main n° indicated..? See here:

So after flashing this nandroid for a first time, i managed to boot up - to my old ViperOne Rom.. The wipes i did in TWRP (version 2.7.1.0 is the only one that actually works) weren't effective.. So i wiped again and flashed the nandroid again, i again got past the bootscreen and android apps were optimized - however after boot, i get into the Stock Sense Lockscreen and when unlocking the screen i only have a white screen with htc logo, the back and home button are present and reactive, but don't do nothing.. And after all, i get this reboot after a minute or two, so what would i be supposed to do now (good question ? I would try the following: fortunately i backed up the boot.img with twrp before wiping and restoring and put it to pc (i'm quite used to adb/fastboot and shell commands) - i could restore only the boot.img if that's what's causing the reboot after successful boot (eventually because of s-on) or go to bootloader and factory reset data (if that makes sense - i thought that this would eventually restore the stock bootloader by itself..? Any help is highly appreciated, and sorry for the long post..

So, first thing is remove serial and IMEI numbers from your original post.
Second, as the title of this thread says, it's for S-OFF devices and if you won't spend the money, you definitely should NOT be here.
Third, Everything you need is HERE, all you have to do is read everything carefully and follow the instructions.
Fourth. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Einwod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Einwod Ad-Free
27th July 2016, 12:16 PM |#808  
Flag Luxembourg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einwod

So, first thing is remove serial and IMEI numbers from your original post.
Second, as the title of this thread says, it's for S-OFF devices and if you won't spend the money, you definitely should NOT be here.
Third, Everything you need is HERE, all you have to do is read everything carefully and follow the instructions.
Fourth. Good luck.

Ok, removed Imei & Serial (thanks for the info) - the problem with the link you provided is that there is no nandroid for Hboot 3.16 (version starting with 1.x.xxx.xx, but correct me if i'm wrong) so i took the one from the link i stated I posted the exact same question to a thread specifically for S-On, but the links in there do not seem to work, and are probably not updated anymore.. There i cannot find RUUs that match the version n° 1.x.xxx.xx, and to be honest i don't really understand the concept of these RUU files and hoped to solve the problem with simple nandroid backups to restore.. Thanks anyway for you quick response..

Sincerely,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2016-07-27 at 12.18.24.png
Views:	32
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	3825150  
27th July 2016, 12:22 PM |#809  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok, removed Imei & Serial (thanks for the info) - the problem with the link you provided is that there is no nandroid for Hboot 3.16 (version starting with 1.x.xxx.xx, but correct me if i'm wrong) so i took the one from the link i stated I posted the exact same question to a thread specifically for S-On, but the links in there do not seem to work, and are probably not updated anymore.. There i cannot find RUUs that match the version n° 1.x.xxx.xx, and to be honest i don't really understand the concept of these RUU files and hoped to solve the problem with simple nandroid backups to restore.. Thanks anyway for you quick response..

Sincerely,

You should not be looking for an RUU file. You take a Nandroid backup that matches your device, extract it and place it onto your device and then restore that Nandroid. Flash the stock recovery and then take the necessary OTA updates to get back to MM stock. If you want, then you can flash the latest TWRP and a custom ROM afterwards. The air of the thread I linked to is to get back to stock which will then allow you to take the OTA updates which in turn will update your firmware etc. It would be a lot easier with S-OFF, but you don't want to pay for it. This is a safe if rather long way to do it.
27th July 2016, 12:34 PM |#810  
Flag Luxembourg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einwod

You should not be looking for an RUU file. You take a Nandroid backup that matches your device, extract it and place it onto your device and then restore that Nandroid. Flash the stock recovery and then take the necessary OTA updates to get back to MM stock. If you want, then you can flash the latest TWRP and a custom ROM afterwards. The air of the thread I linked to is to get back to stock which will then allow you to take the OTA updates which in turn will update your firmware etc. It would be a lot easier with S-OFF, but you don't want to pay for it. This is a safe if rather long way to do it.

Yeah, you're right, if it would be my device, i would have sunshined to S-off long ago, but my friend in question refuses this (unfortunately) and at the moment we wouldn't even be able to install the sunshine app and do the necessary stuff to get to s-off (and i can understand him, since he's trying to get rid of the device, preferably in a working state though without paying any further)

However, the nandroid i picked should well match this device (well it worked except for the problems i'm experiencing at the moment) eventually it is a requirement to flash the stock recovery as well?? Because i thought to myself that we wouldn't need to get back to stock recovery, in case we will do future nandroid backups ourselves (respectively the cousin of my friend would eventually be doing that).. So can you eventually confirm that flashing stock recovery immediately after restoring the nandroid would be a requirement..?

Either way, here's a selection of stock recoveries from the thread you proposed earlier, and i don't really know which one i should pick..?

Sincerely,

EDIT: I'm not sure if what i need to do is going onto MM stock, i suppose at this point that's not even possible, since my hboot version is 3.16 (i suppose KitKat stock)..? But please don't hesitate to correct me if i'm wrong..

EDIT 2: Of course if you want (since you're present on the Tutorial thread too) i'll continue posting on that thread rather than this one (since it's only for S-Off - and i don't want to pollute this one)..
27th July 2016, 01:00 PM |#811  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah, you're right, if it would be my device, i would have sunshined to S-off long ago, but my friend in question refuses this (unfortunately) and at the moment we wouldn't even be able to install the sunshine app and do the necessary stuff to get to s-off (and i can understand him, since he's trying to get rid of the device, preferably in a working state though without paying any further)

However, the nandroid i picked should well match this device (well it worked except for the problems i'm experiencing at the moment) eventually it is a requirement to flash the stock recovery as well?? Because i thought to myself that we wouldn't need to get back to stock recovery, in case we will do future nandroid backups ourselves (respectively the cousin of my friend would eventually be doing that).. So can you eventually confirm that flashing stock recovery immediately after restoring the nandroid would be a requirement..?

Either way, here's a selection of stock recoveries from the thread you proposed earlier, and i don't really know which one i should pick..?

Sincerely,

EDIT: I'm not sure if what i need to do is going onto MM stock, i suppose at this point that's not even possible, since my hboot version is 3.16 (i suppose KitKat stock)..? But please don't hesitate to correct me if i'm wrong..

EDIT 2: Of course if you want (since you're present on the Tutorial thread too) i'll continue posting on that thread rather than this one (since it's only for S-Off - and i don't want to pollute this one)..

Take the first Nandroid from your attachment picture (2.22.401.5) and the equivalent stock recovery. Use them both on the device and you'll be good to update via OTA to Marshmallow.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)