FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which of the following recovery you use the most? (Multiple options supported)

Clockworkmod (CWM) Recovery

53 Vote(s)
15.23%
PhilZ-Touch Recovery

129 Vote(s)
37.07%
TWRP Recovery

205 Vote(s)
58.91%

[POLL] CWM v/s PhilZ-Touch v/s TWRP

539 posts
Thanks Meter: 544

By Bhargav97, Senior Member on 16th April 2014, 12:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd October 2015, 06:57 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I just use them but here's my take:
  1. CWM - Older and more known. Works when all others may fail.
  2. Philz - Almost the same as CWM but has more features - including touch for some devices when CWM doesn't have it - and little extra features like cleaning for new ROM which automatically does what you need.
  3. TWRP - IMO it's prettier and has very good features - but the support on devices is less than the older CWM.

So currently I use PhilZ, but using AROMA for GAPPS seems like TWRP would have worked - failed on PhilZ. Found workarounds.

As stated, everyone has reasons for their choices and preferences. Really, I didn't see that much of a pull to go TWRP (used on other devices) since I had alternatives, and I didn't need to go CWM because - IMO - PhilZ is the same with added features.

29th June 2016, 01:05 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have only used TWRP, stock recovery and CF-Auto-Root custom recovery that flashes SuperSU.
29th June 2016, 02:58 PM |#13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Oz...
Thanks Meter: 2,689

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiotrGrochowski

I have only used TWRP, stock recovery and CF-Auto-Root custom recovery that flashes SuperSU.

It was fun helping Phil port his recovery to other devices, but it is now deprecated, and the dev no longer active. TWRP is the way forward now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm vs philz-touch, cwm vs philz-touch vs twrp, cwm vs twrp, twrp vs philz-touch

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)