By Vandal4125, Member on 28th June 2014, 09:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th April 2016, 06:54 PM |#331  
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza35

Great, fantastic, wonderful, it charges fast, we get it, Sigh.
I merely found it curious if it was a all in one charger or seperate plug and 6ft cable, and yes, although its primary use is to charge, which someone measured at 400ma, (Worth Noting that measurement is more than more than half less ampage than what a box standard charger gives) AHemm, i also wondered if the cable would realistically work considering AMP loss and i merely pointed out its complete uselessness as a data cable.

So yes, it charges fast, even at 400ma, how wonderful.
I have a 4port Charger, Charges 1 item at 2amp, 2 items at 1 amp, or 4 items at the same time at 500ma, Measured and perfectly accurate, By the way it comes with a STANDARD 0.75m Cable, ooohhhhh £4.99 @ B&M ha ha ha, great stuff, and that fully charges my m8 0-100 in 1hr, happy days.

Also worth noting, A fast charger cable NEEDS to be rated at 1.5A MIN, that can be googled, because regardless of what anyone says, an inferior cable will not work properly on a fast charger.

Ampere shows it charging at 2000mA

15th April 2016, 06:59 AM |#332  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
I didnt got more than 2200 with my aukey charger

Sent from my HTC One_M8
15th April 2016, 07:43 PM |#333  
Flag Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callliope

P. S my auckey fast charger is only qc 2.0 so sure it wont work with htc 10, i think yours is the same

It will work just fine with the H10 but it won't charge as fast as if it would if it was qc 3.0. (which the H10 supports)
16th April 2016, 09:08 AM |#334  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajikUF

It will work just fine with the H10 but it won't charge as fast as if it would if it was qc 3.0. (which the H10 supports)

That's what i wanted to say, that it wont work at full phone potential , thanks for correcting me
28th April 2016, 12:15 AM |#335  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I had an Anker quick charge 2.0 (http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charge-C.../dp/B00Q88Q16K) and it charged my m8 from 10-80% in around 30-40 minutes. I got rid of it because it made my phone very hot and was worried about the battery life. If I was in a low battery situation, I would use my Anker external battery. The 5600mah Anker can fill my phone for 1 1/2 chargers. I used an voltage meter on the Anker quick charger and it reported 1.5+ amps and voltages above 6v.
4th May 2016, 06:40 PM |#336  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by revoltech

I had an Anker quick charge 2.0 (http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charge-C.../dp/B00Q88Q16K) and it charged my m8 from 10-80% in around 30-40 minutes. I got rid of it because it made my phone very hot and was worried about the battery life. If I was in a low battery situation, I would use my Anker external battery. The 5600mah Anker can fill my phone for 1 1/2 chargers. I used an voltage meter on the Anker quick charger and it reported 1.5+ amps and voltages above 6v.

I just got an Anker IQ 2 port charger 4.8a 24 watt peak to replace an aging PowerGen 2.1a 10 watt peak charger. The m8 draws 1a from the Anker versus the .6a from the old PowerGen.
20th June 2016, 12:25 AM |#337  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajikUF

Hi? How long does it takes the m8 to charge from 0% to 100% using the original charger that came with it?

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callliope

That's what i wanted to say, that it wont work at full phone potential , thanks for correcting me

What if I charge the m8 with a Samsung adaptive fast charger, would that charge at quick charge rate and not make the phone too hot?
27th June 2016, 04:51 AM |#338  
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Those of you concerned about the phone becoming hot when quick charging, get over it. There is no way to quick charge and have the battery not heat up...
29th June 2016, 08:45 PM |#339  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,362

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzdglass

Hi? How long does it takes the m8 to charge from 0% to 100% using the original charger that came with it?

Usually about 1.5 to 2 hours. Depends a bit on whether the phone is on when charging, and other factors. For instance, if you are in a poor reception area that results in high battery drain while idle, the phone will be charging while its draining (think of it as 1 step back for every 2 steps forward) and it will take longer to charge to full.

But for most folks, full charge in 1.5 to 2 hours is typical, as I mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzdglass

What if I charge the m8 with a Samsung adaptive fast charger, would that charge at quick charge rate and not make the phone too hot?

Samsung uses a different technology, and its not compatible with QC 2.0. The Sammy charger will just work on the M8 like the standard M8 charger. You need a charger that specifically has the QC 2.0 logo on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redpoint73 Ad-Free
28th July 2016, 11:11 AM |#340  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I bought a tronsmart 18w USB fast wall charger WC 1Q but I don't think it's fast charging,sure it works faster than standard charger,but it charges at the rate of around 1% per minute till 80% and 0 to 100 take almost same time (1 hour 40 mins) , so I was wondering if its actual fast charger or not,It doesn't charges as fast when screen is on ,just around 150-190 ma ,when screen is off though ,it works at 2.2-2.3-2.4A, but nowhere near 18w it advertises,and definitely not 0 to 60% In 30 mins.sadly no one I knew have a phone supporting quick charge 2.0 ,so I can't find out if it's just my phone or charger,how can I find out if it's actual fast charger or not?
3rd August 2016, 12:12 AM |#341  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
anyone could suggest me a good charger to buy from ebay ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)