Thanks Meter: 71

By Redth, Member on 14th June 2014, 03:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th May 2016, 02:10 PM |#281  
Thanks Meter: 247

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2048b

my fire tv is going back for replacement so i need to know how to remove tvlauncher? my system won't allow me to go into installed apps, so I'm lost

need to remove this before i send it back for replacement

thanks

If you can still open/install ES File Explorer it can be easily be found & uninstalled from Homepage / Apps .

OR If you can still ADB into the your FTV then just follow the "Update Process" instructions available in the FiredTV GitHub.

https://github.com/Redth/FiredTVLauncher#update-process

Quote:

Update Process

To update to a newer version of this app, first you must uninstall the old version.

You can do this on the FireTV itself (Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > FireTV Launcher > Uninstall)

Or, you can use adb:

Code:
    adb connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to connect to your FireTV where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of your FireTV
    adb uninstall com.altusapps.firedtvlauncher

The Following User Says Thank You to Y314K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Y314K Ad-Free

29th June 2016, 05:33 PM |#282  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Is this app no longer compatible with the FTV or FTVS? The Os updated on my FTVS and now it doesn't show up under installed apps.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
29th June 2016, 07:50 PM |#283  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekweezle

Is this app no longer compatible with the FTV or FTVS? The Os updated on my FTVS and now it doesn't show up under installed apps.

Correct, it no longer works correctly, Amazon disabled the home button check or something, and made it under the list of apps that don't show up. Really freaking lame. If you don't have yours rooted, I'm sorry, nothing much you can do.
3rd July 2016, 01:03 AM |#284  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Thanks for creating this app. It worked well for me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firetv, home, launcher

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)