SM-G9006V Google Play & Roms

48 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By ddxv, Member on 2nd May 2014, 09:34 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th May 2016, 04:18 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
That's right, and i am almost 100% sure that the phone of PJ@y-Z will show "G9006V" in download mode. PhoneInfo was giving me the exact same informations.

8th May 2016, 08:29 PM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernou

Hi there,

I had the same phone (still have it by the way), purchased to a Hong Kong based seller (eGlobal). This is a chinese S5 (g9006v), and they managed to "rebrand" it as a g900f, with a frankenstein firmware (some partitions are from the g9006v, others from the g900f). It kind of works as it is, but it is impossible to root.
I installed Lidroid 1.2, a stock based rooted rom, it works very well. It is kitkat, but i don't like lollipop anyway.

Yes, it's SM-G9006V in odin mode based G9006VZNU1BOE3.
But how is it possible to merge two firmwares?
8th May 2016, 10:02 PM |#93  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ@y-Z

Yes, it's SM-G9006V in odin mode based G9006VZNU1BOE3.
But how is it possible to merge two firmwares?

No idea, but it seems some smart guys found a way ,convenient to get rid of all the unsold chinese S5. I read there were tons of them!
The Following User Says Thank You to kernou For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kernou Ad-Free
8th May 2016, 10:23 PM |#94  

More
Quote:

No idea, but it seems some smart guys found a way ,convenient to get rid of all the unsold chinese S5. I read there were tons of them!

Why are there no unsold international versions instead? lol
No way to backup from the current installed firmware on phone?
8th May 2016, 10:32 PM |#95  

More
Quote:

Why are there no unsold international versions instead? lol
No way to backup from the current installed firmware on phone?

Sorry english is not my native language and i think i didn't get your question right. What do you want to do?
9th May 2016, 01:04 PM |#96  

More
Quote:

Sorry english is not my native language and i think i didn't get your question right. What do you want to do?

I meant no way to copy from the installed firmware on the phone to computer?
9th May 2016, 01:40 PM |#97  

More
Quote:

I meant no way to copy from the installed firmware on the phone to computer?

You mean backup the frankenstein software to a computer? I don't know, but it would be a nice little trick to "free" this rom, as a simple way to get google play (on lollipop) on a chinese S5. The problem is that to my knowledge you can't root this strange rom, so useless to me. Lidroid is just perfect in my case, with the only downside is that it probably won't be updated anymore.
3rd July 2016, 11:21 AM |#98  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
help me please
ihave buy a new phone named s5 so it was sm-g900f i tried to root him but he did not install the recovery ,,,,,,, he stuck at recovery mode ..... after i install software for sm-g900f and tried to flash it from odin he say fail .... i called my friend he say see the phone name from the flash mod .... i see the name and it was sm-g9006v i installed software for sm-g9006v and flash it ..... odin say pass .... i open the phone then wtf? chines and no google play ...... i am out of my mind ..... no one can fix it on my country .... i came to xda and open the link up the link is opening chines page i cant download the custom recovery and lidroid.... please help me ....
3rd July 2016, 04:58 PM |#99  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammadalawe

ihave buy a new phone named s5 so it was sm-g900f i tried to root him but he did not install the recovery ,,,,,,, he stuck at recovery mode ..... after i install software for sm-g900f and tried to flash it from odin he say fail .... i called my friend he say see the phone name from the flash mod .... i see the name and it was sm-g9006v i installed software for sm-g9006v and flash it ..... odin say pass .... i open the phone then wtf? chines and no google play ...... i am out of my mind ..... no one can fix it on my country .... i came to xda and open the link up the link is opening chines page i cant download the custom recovery and lidroid.... please help me ....

waiting for answer.........
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
9006v, g9006v, google services, play store, sm-g9006v

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)