FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

Official Bug Report List for XDA2010 Style (Forum Redesign)

3,743 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,749
 
By svetius, User Experience Admin on 10th June 2010, 01:57 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
The XDA 2010 theme is in Open Beta.

Use this thread to report bugs in the new forum style. Screenshots are helpful! Also, be sure to tell us what browser and version you are using!

Please DO NOT report:

- Bugs in IE6 or IE7. We are aware of several issues in IE7 and are working to fix these. IE6 users will need to continue using the old template or upgrade.

- Bugs related to the fact that long thread titles sometimes overlap other elements on the page.

We are working to fix the above ASAP.

Thanks everyone!

MOD EDIT: tnyynt: You can read a detaled tutorial called Where Is Everything In The New Forum Style?
Last edited by tnyynt; 12th June 2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Added link to explanatory tutorial on new site design
 
 
10th June 2010, 02:33 PM |#2  
Livven's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wiesbaden
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Not a bug but rather an unncessary feature: Make the font in signatures (currently Trebuchet MS) the same as the posts (Verdana), else it looks a bit strange.
10th June 2010, 02:54 PM |#3  
orb3000's Avatar
XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,055
 
Donate to Me
More
Arrow Great work!, 2010 skin looks great
- When going to write a PM, when entering memberīs name, on old style soon as I started to type member name it displayed a list with possible matches, that feature is no longer present on 2010 style.

- Using Opera 10.53.

- There is a squared empty space (I know fir publicity) on the left side of Accesories, Marketplace, Networking and Off topic section, that is not looking good.

- IN general 2010 style loads a bit slower than old skin
10th June 2010, 03:01 PM |#4  
DaveShaw's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator + Wiki Bureaucrat
Flag Huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 407
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb3000

- When going to write a PM, when entering memberīs name, on old style soon as I started to type member name it displayed a list with possible matches, that feature is no longer present on 2010 style.

- Using Opera 10.53.

Not a problem in Chrome. Can other Opera 10.xx users please test?
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb3000

- There is a squared empty space (I know fir publicity) on the left side of Accesories, Marketplace, Networking and Off topic section, that is not looking good.

This is empty because of your ad-blocker. As per the announcement this is intentional. http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?f=263
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb3000

- IN general 2010 style loads a bit slower than old skin

Again, this is known and mentioned in the announcement.

I'm going to add the announcement to the first post of this thread.

Dave
10th June 2010, 03:53 PM |#5  
steviewevie's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 616
 
More
The font/size displaying (in Firefox) is different for a post that quotes another post, than for a post with no quoting. There's something odd going on there, because quoted posts use the same font/size as a regular post (used to be in italics in the old style). When you quote a post the quote is in the normal sort of font, but then your own reply is smaller, which looks strange.

Edit - just checked, and there's the same "issue" using IE 8 and Chrome.
Last edited by steviewevie; 10th June 2010 at 05:13 PM.
10th June 2010, 06:00 PM |#6  
HomerSp's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 314
 
More
The "you last visited" and "Private Messages" text at the top right aren't always right-aligned which seems to depend on how long the navigation text is.
"HTC Hero: G2 Touch > Hero, G2 Touch Android Development"
is one example.

Using Firefox 3.6.3 on Ubuntu Lucid.
10th June 2010, 06:19 PM |#7  
ben_duder's Avatar
Retired News Writer
Flag Watford
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviewevie

The font/size displaying (in Firefox) is different for a post that quotes another post, than for a post with no quoting. There's something odd going on there, because quoted posts use the same font/size as a regular post (used to be in italics in the old style). When you quote a post the quote is in the normal sort of font, but then your own reply is smaller, which looks strange.

Edit - just checked, and there's the same "issue" using IE 8 and Chrome.

I find this too.

When resizing the browser window (Chrome beta channel), the PM link and forum journey thing merge and the formatting goes weird. I think this is the same bug as above.
10th June 2010, 06:20 PM |#8  
kurt-willems's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ANS
Thanks Meter: 572
 
Donate to Me
More
I don't find a bug; their is on thing; thats the fact I find that you see not clearly the different background color between a earlier post and your reply to it!

thats the only thing I can mention fore it! Not that I don't see the other different now thy are good! just the fact of the different color to a replay is not well visible! thats all!


sorry fore my English!
10th June 2010, 06:34 PM |#9  
ben_duder's Avatar
Retired News Writer
Flag Watford
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt-willems

I don't find a bug; their is on thing; thats the fact I find that you see not clearly the different background color between a earlier post and your reply to it!

thats the only thing I can mention fore it! Not that I don't see the other different now thy are good! just the fact of the different color to a replay is not well visible! thats all!


sorry fore my English!

Do you mean when quoting posts (like this)?

I can't say it really bothers me... Maybe my screen contrast is higher than yours?

I would like to see some differentiation in colour between stickied and non-stickied threads, though.

Edit: And I know these aren't really bugs, but the 'poll' icon needs updating/enlarging to match the others


Another thing I found, and it's probably vBulletin rather than the redesign, but if you enable pop-ups for PMs and click to open them in a new window, nothing happens in Chrome.
Last edited by ben_duder; 10th June 2010 at 06:49 PM.
10th June 2010, 06:44 PM |#10  
af974's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,889
 
More
Nice work,indeed , i really like the new style
No bug found but just a suggestion, a more darkness colour between unreaded and readed threads.
10th June 2010, 06:57 PM |#11  
orb3000's Avatar
XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,055
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveShaw

Not a problem in Chrome. Can other Opera 10.xx users please test?

This is empty because of your ad-blocker. As per the announcement this is intentional. http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?f=263


Again, this is known and mentioned in the announcement.

I'm going to add the announcement to the first post of this thread.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Hope another Opera users can give heads up on this.

Thank God my add-blocker works good then
Will test more in compact view, and if not convinced perhaps going back to original style...
Last edited by orb3000; 10th June 2010 at 06:59 PM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes