FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][Vzw] 12/03 | ViperOneM8 5.0.2 ◦ Tweaks, HUB, IconPacks, Themes, OTAs and more

4,796 posts
Thanks Meter: 20,516

By Turge, Recognized Developer on 12th April 2014, 07:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th July 2016, 01:53 AM |#5931  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajikUF

Still restoring my text messages, but it seems to be working. I just really want Android Pay to work so I'll be testing that next. I'm hoping that does.

Yeah I do remember through the aroma setup that there was something that would break it if you decided to install it, but I've never used it so it wasn't a big deal for me. Hope it works out for you though.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA Labs

15th July 2016, 04:04 AM |#5932  
Flag Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurington

Yeah I do remember through the aroma setup that there was something that would break it if you decided to install it, but I've never used it so it wasn't a big deal for me. Hope it works out for you though.

It looks like I worried for nothing. My old settings didn't get migrated but it was fun to go through them again. The restoration went great and the phone is running fantastic just like a new flash. This is great timing, I was thinking of reinstalling the OS on the last one anyway.

Nice job Viper team!
The Following User Says Thank You to MajikUF For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MajikUF Ad-Free
16th July 2016, 05:45 PM |#5933  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Viper Team: I can't thank you enough for this great rom! If I can just get past a few issues I'm having, then I can see myself using this rom for a long time and definitely a donation will be in order

Here are my problems:
1) The HTC Calendar app won't sync with my Google account. And my Google account isn't showing in the "Accounts" setting in Calendar. (I opted to not install Google Calendar during the rom install, but opted to install HTC Calendar)

2) None of the photos I've taken after installing V1 work with uFocus. I don't know if it's an issue with uFocus, or the dual lens. But when I go to edit a photo I took, I go into uFocus, and it says "Tap anywhere to adjust focus", but it doesn't matter where I tap, it doesn't adjust anything. Also, when taking a photo it doesn't tell me if my finger is blocking the 2nd lens. It will take the shot anyway, and if the 2nd lens was blocked, it will simply deny going into uFocus for that shot. Interestingly, uFocus does work if I edit a photo that I before from the stock rom.

3) Is there any way to hide the Boomsound notification when playing audio?

Let me know if you have any questions
18th July 2016, 04:39 AM |#5934  
Anyone got any suggestions for getting the rear camera and flashlight to work?
I installed the latest firmware (used the no-wipe version) and the ROM install went without hitch. Everything appeared to be working A-OK until I loaded up the stock HTC Camera app and noticed I only have the "Selfie" option (which works fine)... cannot select anything relating to the rear camera. I also noticed the Flashlight/Torch toggle and app refuse to work (app loads up but then throws up a "Loading" message that never clears).

I'm confident it's not a hardware issue as everything was working on the SlimROM that I just came over from. Have tried reflashing both firmware and ROM to no avail.
I'm going to try a full wipe firmware in case that helps but I'm not holding my breath... if anyone else has run into this or has some suggestions, I'm all ears!
Thx.
26th July 2016, 01:25 AM |#5935  
Flag Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Thanks Meter: 114

More
6.1.0 is out. Contemplating whether to dirty flash or not because I don't feel like reloading everything that I did a week ago.
26th July 2016, 04:10 AM |#5936  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I made a nandroid backup then dirty flash and all is well.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
26th July 2016, 06:30 PM |#5937  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Has anyone noticed this - since version 6.0.1? Or any suggestion to correct this?

When typing the message, I cannot see what I am typing . It sounds like I need to one line down (click enter key to move to the second line), then to see what I typed in the first line.

Please advise. Thanks
27th July 2016, 03:49 AM |#5938  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Awesome work Viper team. I am running 6.1.0 and probably overlooking the setting but how do I change notification reminder? It happens way too often. Like every 10-15 seconds. Thanks and keep up the awesome work!!!
28th July 2016, 01:47 PM |#5939  
Flag Fort Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I have a guy here on the boat that wants me to update is M8. He's currently running Cynoagenmod and I want to get him over to Marshmallow so I can install this ROM. My concerns are he has a VZW phone using T-Mobile. He's already unlocked, S-Off, TWRP, h-boot (no idea what that is) installed and what not. But how do I know which firmware to use to get the phone onto Marshmallow? Do I use a verizon or T-mobile firmware? I don't quite get the RUU lingo and what not. I am a OnePlus One owner and long time user of rooting and fastboot commands, but I've confused myself reading all the forums on this phone so much that I'm now reaching out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
30th July 2016, 02:09 AM |#5940  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyBush

I have a guy here on the boat that wants me to update is M8. He's currently running Cynoagenmod and I want to get him over to Marshmallow so I can install this ROM. My concerns are he has a VZW phone using T-Mobile. He's already unlocked, S-Off, TWRP, h-boot (no idea what that is) installed and what not. But how do I know which firmware to use to get the phone onto Marshmallow? Do I use a verizon or T-mobile firmware? I don't quite get the RUU lingo and what not. I am a OnePlus One owner and long time user of rooting and fastboot commands, but I've confused myself reading all the forums on this phone so much that I'm now reaching out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just saw this and was going to link you to santod's thread but I see you found it. Did it work out?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to PieceKeepr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PieceKeepr Ad-Free
30th July 2016, 02:09 AM |#5941  
Flag Fort Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieceKeepr

I just saw this and was going to link you to santod's thread but I see you found it. Did it work out?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

It sure did, thank you!

See you on the flip side.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)